Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, been working with the folks over at CPE for months now trying to get my 2019 Need For Green Ecoboost in their shop for some mods and Dyno. The whole COVID-19 thing set us back some but I finally just booked my shop time yesterday and I'll be taking her down to Mitch in 3 weeks. I've already installed their CAI and Cat back. Running it with 3.73's and the base Cobb tune. CPE is going to be installing a downpipe, Race V2 intercooler along with the piping and BOV and then putting her on the Dyno for a custom tune. Can't wait to get her down there and let Mitch work his magic. I'll get you guys some updates after the install.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just dropped her off!!!! Should get her back Monday... Might have some video and a snap shot if I'm lucky.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Congrats on the mods. I’m sure you’ll be pleased. Keep us posted for sure.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So we ran into some hiccups with some parts not being available at the time of my appointment but the shop went through hell to get replacement and still get her done on time. Ended having to go with a Wagner Evo 1 instead of the big CPE intercooler. All in all the car feels and drives great. It's like a whole new vehicle and sounds great to. A little disappointed in the numbers though. 310hp/340t at the wheels is a good bit less then I expected but I wanted him to keep it safe as a daily driver so I'm happy with it the way it is. Rather have those numbers then push to far and the car be dead in 50k miles.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
310hp/340t at the wheels is a good bit less then I expected
Don’t get too caught up on the numbers, chassis dynamometers aren’t known for accuracy anyway. The numbers are mostly just bragging rights for most people.

Base your satisfaction on how the car feels and performs.

·
Super Moderator
7,527 Posts
What were the dyno numbers before?

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I’m not sure what your point is...
autogeek is new to the forum.... and I think he was just making an observation that people were making use of the down time lately to work on their cars.... just my thought though

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What were the dyno numbers before?
The first pull he did before installing the downpipe and intercooler he got 270hp and 280torque. Of course that was with the intake, cat back and Cobb base tune not stock from the factory.
Second pull got almost identical results with the downpipe and intercooler installed but no tune.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts