21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
^ Sooner or later California will fix the problem with wild fires when they complete their project of covering every square inch of their landscape with asphalt and concrete.

·
Registered
13 Posts
^ Sooner or later California will fix the problem with wild fires when they complete their project of covering every square inch of their landscape with asphalt and concrete.
Did you know That California is using use tires in Asphslt?

·
Super Moderator
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yep.

Back in the day they turned used tires into treaded sandals. They came with a 36 month/36,000 mile warranty

Today they probably come with a proposition 65 warning.

Reactions: europa

·
Registered
13 Posts
Beginning July 19, 2021 (next week!), vehicles will be checked for modified software of any kind.

California Will Start Checking for ECU Tuning In Smog Checks This Month | Car Bibles
What do you think of this?

I'm wondering if this will also happen to Electric Cars because they take to much Electricity?

·
Super Moderator
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
You have your question split between what I posted and the link about Dell. So I will address Dell, " no longer shipping energy-hungry gaming PCs to certain states in America because they demand more energy than local standards allow."

I'm not a gamer and I am clueless about energy standards for electronics. I jokingly guess Dell's Gaming PC does not meet California's fuel economy standards . LOL. Dell probably decided to forgo the red tape to get a waiver and simply made the decision to exit the Gaming PC market in California and allow gamers to go across the Nevada border to buy gaming PCs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You have your question split between what I posted and the link about Dell. So I will address Dell, " no longer shipping energy-hungry gaming PCs to certain states in America because they demand more energy than local standards allow."

I'm not a gamer and I am clueless about energy standards for electronics. I jokingly guess Dell's Gaming PC does not meet California's fuel economy standards . LOL. Dell probably decided to forgo the red tape to get a waiver and simply made the decision to exit the Gaming PC market in California and allow gamers to go across the Nevada border to buy gaming PCs.
I understand the post wasn't about PC gaming, but what would you thing if everyone has no option but to purchase an Electric vehicle, wouldn't there be a large demand on the electrical grid. What will happen then? Could there be a time when government can also decide to regulate which vehicles to buy? It's similar to these Alienware Gaming PC's (Shelby's) they are very expensive not for normal buyers as compare to other PC (Mustang's) not as many will be product and sold.

Just like the law is changing for the older vehicles Government is trying to change the law on emission testing trying to remove as many older vehicles. What if they will regulate all New High Performance vehicles using to much electric power as to stop selling these vehicle. The New Mustang Cobra Jet 1400 just set a new All electric power recorded can/will they outlaw purchasing these vehicles due to power consumption?

https://news.yahoo.com/watch-electric-mustang-cobra-jet-193500663.html

What in 2021 is being used to produce Electricity? Remember "fossil fuels" is being eliminated.

I was taught many years ago a Law in Electricity call "Moore's Law" in 1965 Mr. Moore wrote Technology will double every year and at that time no one took him serious. It has reach the point not only was he right but we are now past the 2x in technology every year. As the demand for these devices there will always be higher demand for electricity just imagine how many people (Kids included) has cell phones. I would love to purchase a new Cobra Jet but I need to set up a solar grid first but it sucks when I'm going to be tax every year because it's electric vehicle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What do you think of this?

I'm wondering if this will also happen to Electric Cars because they take to much Electricity?
Sorry went out of track again. Remember At this time the Cobra Jet 1400 is still being tuned. Not sure what it's Tuning Process involve. But if Ford start selling these vehicles and maybe this is only a Developing Experimental Project for newer vehicles. Example the start of the SVO program. Due to regulation for electric vehicles eventually what if newer electric vehicles has different ROM/EROM/PROM programing will it be also checked for modification during Registration?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts