Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I placed my order beginning of March for a 2021 Mustang GT premium convertible. I was curious if anyone else has placed an order for the same thing... have you gotten a build date yet? I was told so many different eta's from multiple dealerships and I would like to know if someone has a build date yet for reference. I am so excited as it is the first time I have ever custom ordered a car from factory. I would just like a better idea for timeline!!

·
Super Moderator
4,448 Posts
Welcome to ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your Account Settings.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey all! I placed my order beginning of March for a 2021 Mustang GT premium convertible. I was curious if anyone else has placed an order for the same thing... have you gotten a build date yet? I was told so many different eta's from multiple dealerships and I would like to know if someone has a build date yet for reference. I am so excited as it is the first time I have ever custom ordered a car from factory. I would just like a better idea for timeline!!
Congrats. I’ve been shopping for a new mustang since nov 2019. COVID put a damper on that and I was looking for best trade in value for my 2006 mustang GT. Unfortunately the trans took a dump last nov 2020 so I had to scramble for a winter ride. Back in the hunt and want to order a 2021 GT. Was trying to keep cost around $40k and looked at the HP 4 banger but it’s not a V8. No substitute for that coyote!

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey Redpony5,
Did you gat your new stang yet?
I just placed my order for 2021 Cali Special, Oxford white, active valve exhaust and B&O sound system.
They're running 2 months plus according to dealer but I'm in no hurry. Been kicking this can down the road since 2019.
I got email from Ford that order is received.....see how long this takes.

·
Administrator
13,346 Posts
Hey Redpony5,
I just placed my order for 2021 Cali Special, Oxford white, active valve exhaust and B&O sound system.
They're running 2 months plus according to dealer but I'm in no hurry. Been kicking this can down the road since 2019.
Congrats!!

Reactions: rnengineering

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,448 Posts
Be sure to post pics when the car finally gets here.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Be sure to post pics when the car finally gets here.
Will do. My son and I have a restoration going on our 68 fastback. Can’t wait till they are side by side.

Reactions: crjackson and kenv

·
Registered
99 Posts
Reactions: crjackson

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Redpony5,
Hey there! Sorry for my late response, havent been on here in a while. No, I do not have my car yet. I was given a new production date for July 26th. I still dont know how long the delivery will take, but I hope I get it before the summer is over!

·
Registered
99 Posts
July 26 is the date mine is supposed to go into production. I changed color to velocity blue..still getting Cali Special package and 6 speed manual. I heard Flat Rock is closing again for two weeks ....weeks of July 12th and 19th. Assume that will kick my build date out. I'm hoping to get before fall so I can still get it on the road for a while. Good Luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
July 26 is the date mine is supposed to go into production. I changed color to velocity blue..still getting Cali Special package and 6 speed manual. I heard Flat Rock is closing again for two weeks ....weeks of July 12th and 19th. Assume that will kick my build date out. I'm hoping to get before fall so I can still get it on the road for a while. Good Luck.
Actually, my original build date was Aug 2nd, and I was just told yesterday I got moved up to July 26th. So I’m thinking it shouldn’t change. I placed my order March 12th, when did you get yours in? I’m not sure how long after the production date it will be ready for delivery, but I’m hoping to get it before fall too! Best of luck to the both of us then eh?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I placed order on Friday June 11 for the white GT/CS....called dealer on Monday June 14th to change to velocity blue (all other options stayed the same). I received the email from Ford on Thursday June 17th that my order was received. They gave me Vin #, tracking link and build date of July 26th. I was expecting a delivery of sometime in 2022 when I placed the order. My dealer originally said it could be 8 - 12 months! I'm surprised its happening so soon. I may have selected all the options that just fit their July 26 schedule. Sometimes you get lucky. Not sure if I'm still in the July 26 slot since there are pending shutdowns. We'll see.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I placed order on Friday June 11 for the white GT/CS....called dealer on Monday June 14th to change to velocity blue (all other options stayed the same). I received the email from Ford on Thursday June 17th that my order was received. They gave me Vin #, tracking link and build date of July 26th. I was expecting a delivery of sometime in 2022 when I placed the order. My dealer originally said it could be 8 - 12 months! I'm surprised its happening so soon. I may have selected all the options that just fit their July 26 schedule. Sometimes you get lucky. Not sure if I'm still in the July 26 slot since there are pending shutdowns. We'll see.
Wow! I can’t believe that! I didn’t get a Vin# or build date until the first week of May… I really wish I had ordered in January but I just wasn’t ready… well hopefully they don’t shut down the last week of July!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've been putting off getting a new stang since Nov 2019 so I guess I'm due. ;) Just holding my breath that it actually happens this summer. I wish I bought in 2019 - 2020. At that time Ford was offering 0% financing through the early days of pandemic. I was following a number of stangs on dealer sites and people were buying them quickly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've been putting off getting a new stang since Nov 2019 so I guess I'm due. ;) Just holding my breath that it actually happens this summer. I wish I bought in 2019 - 2020. At that time Ford was offering 0% financing through the early days of pandemic. I was following a number of stangs on dealer sites and people were buying them quickly.
Yeah so you were thinking about it for a while eh!? I was waiting because my fiancé and I were possibly going to sell our house but we weren’t sure when and how much we were going to get. Once we confirmed we were selling I went to my dealership and placed my order lol. We got an amazing return in the hot market, so we are treating ourselves, me with my mustang and he’s still pondering what he wants aha. Nice colour choice, I’ve seen that colour in person and it’s BEAUTIFUL. Gonna be a beauty of a car when it comes in!

·
Registered
99 Posts
thanks...I'm partial to blue. I haven't seen the VB in person so taking a leap of faith. The Ford marketing brochure does not do it justice. Makes it look more like grabber blue.
I looked at the antimatter blue and its so dark it almost looks black. If you see it in different lights it appears to change between dark blue and black.
I like black but they're a chore to keep clean. I had one black car (99 Pontiac GTP) and that was enough. The oxford white with CS package is also nice.
Housing market is crazy now...you picked the right time to sell.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks...I'm partial to blue. I haven't seen the VB in person so taking a leap of faith. The Ford marketing brochure does not do it justice. Makes it look more like grabber blue.
I looked at the antimatter blue and its so dark it almost looks black. If you see it in different lights it appears to change between dark blue and black.
I like black but they're a chore to keep clean. I had one black car (99 Pontiac GTP) and that was enough. The oxford white with CS package is also nice.
Housing market is crazy now...you picked the right time to sell.
View attachment 781054
Well black is such a popular colour too, so being different is a good thing. Definitely an eye grabbing colour, and better for maintenance! I’m lucky and my fiancé is a detailer, he does the upkeep on our vehicles lol. I went with Rapid red because I’m partial to the deeper red colour. Did those rims come auto with the California special package? They look pretty sweet!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well black is such a popular colour too, so being different is a good thing. Definitely an eye grabbing colour, and better for maintenance! I’m lucky and my fiancé is a detailer, he does the upkeep on our vehicles lol. I went with Rapid red because I’m partial to the deeper red colour. Did those rims come auto with the California special package? They look pretty sweet!
yep...rims are part of the CS package.

I love the rapid red metallic. It looks like candy apple red and bet it looks a mile deep. The GT/CS is offered in race red, black, oxford white and iconic silver and of course velocity blue metallic.
Having your own personal detailer is great :)
Unfortunately my wife doesn't share the same cleaning interest with my vehicles as I do :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
My order date just moved from Sept 13 to August 2. So hopefully mustang week 2021 with a 2021. Saying farewell to my 2016 is still bitter sweet.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts