Ford Mustang Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That’s awesome! Mine got built this passed Monday and I’m just waiting to get the delivery date. I hope to find out tomorrow!

·
Registered
98 Posts
That’s awesome! Mine got built this passed Monday and I’m just waiting to get the delivery date. I hope to find out tomorrow!
Great. Make sure you post pics. I’m hoping to have it home before Labor Day

·
Registered
98 Posts
Got an email my car is built! 3 days after blend date by the way.
Good to hear they’re pushing them out. Hope they can stay on schedule

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anybody else have this issue? I ordered a Oxford white GT, with the black accent package. Back in June 22, got the Vin and a build date of Sept 13. It still was on order status last week, when I checked yesterday it said in production. I checked back today and it just says order confirmed the dealer ship will get back to you with a Vin?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Anybody else have this issue? I ordered a Oxford white GT, with the black accent package. Back in June 22, got the Vin and a build date of Sept 13. It still was on order status last week, when I checked yesterday it said in production. I checked back today and it just says order confirmed the dealer ship will get back to you with a Vin?
I received my vin 4 days after placing my order with deposit. Order was placed June 11th, received order confirmation with vin on June 17th from Ford.
Smooth sailing since then.

Reactions: manhu01

·
Registered
7 Posts
I received my vin 4 days after placing my order with deposit. Order was placed June 11th, received order confirmation with vin on June 17th from Ford.
Smooth sailing since then.
Nice it took a full 30 days for me to get my VIN and build date. Just confusing how one day says in production then today say's order received???

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice it took a full 30 days for me to get my VIN and build date. Just confusing how one day says in production then today say's order received???
Seems to be a lot of inconsistencies with the ordering process. I'm also on Mustang6G forum and there are people that placed orders in March or earlier and still have no car. Its hard to tell how much delay is caused by the ordering process, lack of material at the time, different options or specialized orders. I saw one person with car in "auto body" waiting for black roof accent option to be applied. I think I just lucked out when I placed the order, the options I ordered and the fact my dealer placed me at priority 10.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ordered my GT in March, received delivery in July. 16 weeks total. Having transmission issues with only 200 miles, so I highly recommend exercising the 10 speed auto trans as much as possible. Extended warranty would be a good idea with all the tech in these cars. I didn't purchase at delivery, but I am going to look into it..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Just got my window sticker this week so its getting built next week! Not bad for June 11th order date. I should have it home by end of August.
My dealer just sent me a photo of my car on the lot! I can’t wait to pick it up!
ordered March 12th
Vin assigned May 8th
Build date determined as Aug 2nd then changed to July 26th
Was not given a delivery date, even called Ford directly and didn’t get any confirmation on the date. Messaged mg dealer today Aug 4th and he sent a photo of it on the lot. Been a long wait but it was worth it!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ordered my GT in March, received delivery in July. 16 weeks total. Having transmission issues with only 200 miles, so I highly recommend exercising the 10 speed auto trans as much as possible. Extended warranty would be a good idea with all the tech in these cars. I didn't purchase at delivery, but I am going to look into it..
I have been hearing about those six speeds having transmission problems. No I did order mine with the automatic. I've had plenty of manuals in my life. I'm in my mid-forties. While the manuals are fun they cannot keep up with those automatics bottom line. The automatics are going to be half second to a full second quicker in the 0 to 60 or the quarter mile times. I don't care if you're put Richard Petty, driving a manual stick shift. A six speed is not going to keep up with the 10 speed.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just heard from Ford. My GT/CS was finished being built today, started Monday. Scheduled to ship august 19 to 25th.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My stang arrived Thursday. Picking up Monday. Not bad for order placed Jun 11 with delivery of August 12!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Car Land vehicle Sky Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
4,496 Posts
My stang arrived Thursday. Picking up Monday. Not bad for order placed Jun 11 with delivery of August 12!
Congrats on the new GT, takes some better pics after you get her in your hands.

Reactions: rnengineering

·
Registered
98 Posts
Congrats on the new GT, takes some better pics after you get her in your hands.
Here it is. Took it unprepped from dealer. Didn’t want them to run it through a car wash and scratch the crap out of it. I’ll detail over Labor Day weekend. For now it will get quick bath on weekend.

Reactions: crjackson

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been waiting on my build date for three weeks…heard nothing since the email confirming my order on 8/7/2021. This normal? Anyone got any thoughts?

21 - 40 of 62 Posts