Ford Mustang Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good to know! What did the timeline look like from that point?
Production dates supposed to start September 13th. Last time I talked to the dealership they were looking towards the last week of September for delivery.

They moved up production 1 Week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats to everyone who have received their cars! I just prdered mine on 9/25. Based upon what I’m seeing, I figure mine should be arriving sometime around Christmas. I really hope we don’t receive snow by then!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
You are likely a bit optimistic. I ordered my 2021 GT on 8/7 and the scheduled build date is 10/7/2021…week to build and a couple of weeks to ship. At this point, hoping to have mine by the end of October...that’s 10-12 weeks.

Advice…I have not received any emails from Ford (manufacturer) since the original acknowledgement that my order had been received. I suggest touching base with your dealer after two weeks to request the build date and VIN.

I hope you are lucky with the timing of your order and this is not your wait time or process.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You are likely a bit optimistic. I ordered my 2021 GT on 8/7 and the scheduled build date is 10/7/2021…week to build and a couple of weeks to ship. At this point, hoping to have mine by the end of October...that’s 10-12 weeks.

Advice…I have not received any emails from Ford (manufacturer) since the original acknowledgement that my order had been received. I suggest touching base with your dealer after two weeks to request the build date and VIN.

I hope you are lucky with the timing of your order and this is not your wait time or process.

Based upon the 12 week timetable and my order date of 9/25, 12 weeks (I was told 10-12) should bring me to approximately 12/18. Honestly, if it takes longer, they can take their time bc it’s probably going to sit in the garage for the most part until the spring anyway. I’d just like to get it home before they start salting the roads here. Fingers crossed.

Just got my alert from Ford. Car is scheduled to be built the week of 12/20. From experience, if all goes well and it stays on track, how long at that point before the car can be delivered? I’m just curious as to what others have experienced during the process.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just got my window sticker this week so its getting built next week! Not bad for June 11th order date. I should have it home by end of August.
Did you have to ask the dealer for your window sticker? My scheduled build date is 10/7/2021 (last confirmed with dealer 9/22/2021). Thanks!

Did you have to ask the dealer for your window sticker? My scheduled build date is 10/7/2021 (last confirmed with dealer 9/22/2021). Thanks!
Never mind…just checked online and my order is already in production! I was able to get the window sticker. Anyone have any thoughts on how long it takes from here?

·
Registered
98 Posts

Never mind…just checked online and my order is already in production! I was able to get the window sticker. Anyone have any thoughts on how long it takes from here?
Here's my timeline...once the order was entered all future info was sent to me direct through Ford emails. It seems I knew info before dealer.
6/11 Order placed with dealer
6/11 Confirmation from Ford that order received in system
6/7 Mustang scheduled for production week of July 26
7/1 Production date changed to 8/9 (Flat Rock closed for 2 weeks due to chip shortage)
7/27 Window sticker received
8/4 Mustang is Built notice!
8/6 Shipped to dealer via convoy
8/12 Arrived at Dealer
8/16 Picked up

Good luck with your order!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here's my timeline...once the order was entered all future info was sent to me direct through Ford emails. It seems I knew info before dealer.
7/1 Production date changed to 8/9 (Flat Rock closed for 2 weeks due to chip shortage)
8/12 Arrived at Dealer
8/16 Picked up

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
8/12 Arrived at Dealer
8/16 Picked up

Thank you for the timeline!

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mustang GT ordered 8/27, Rapid Red, spoiler delete, no options. My 5th Mustang GT since 2010.
3 Posts
ordered 8/27
first build week 10/21
second build week 10/28
third build week 11/1

·
Registered
7 Posts
For those of us who made it in under the wire, it looks like the 2022’s will be down 10hp and 10 lb-ft of torque. Not that’s it’s a big deal when you are talking over 400hp, but still disappointing if you can’t get your hands on a 21 and have to wait for 22.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I received my VIN on 9/30 so a little over two weeks for me. What’s strange is that I just tried to plug the VIN into the tracker and now it’s coming up as “not found”.

·
Registered
17 Posts

I received my VIN on 9/30 so a little over two weeks for me. What’s strange is that I just tried to plug the VIN into the tracker and now it’s coming up as “not found”.
I have been experiencing issues with the tracker this weekend as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1
8/12 Arrived at Dealer
8/16 Picked up

that's a big amount of time to it to arrive , I don't know how you guys try to be patient about it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow, I just got an email from Ford: they moved my build date up 6 weeks to 11/8. Has anyone else gotten similar correspondence from Ford?

41 - 60 of 62 Posts