Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all!

I placed an order two weeks ago for a GT Premium Convertible in Cyber Orange Metallic. Included 401A, Active Exhaust, Black Accent and B&O upgrade. Dealer just told me today that it went from on hold to approved which means it is now scheduled. They said they will keep me informed of more when they know. Hmm?

Does that mean that I can expect a build date soon or just sit on my hands and wait? Lol!

Thanks!

·
Tech-Advisor
2014 GT, 1967 Fairlane GTA
4,765 Posts
Idk when you'll get a scheduled build date but whenever it does get scheduled it probably won't be for a couple months. After that you have to wait for it to move thru the shipping system(assuming it gets the modules it needs to ship anywhere) and then arrive at the dealer. I would be crossing my fingers for an October or November arrival but you might not get it until December unfortunately.
At least you live in GA where it's relatively warm in the fall to still enjoy the car. Up here in Jersey I put my car away for most or all of the winter.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey y'all!

I placed an order two weeks ago for a GT Premium Convertible in Cyber Orange Metallic. Included 401A, Active Exhaust, Black Accent and B&O upgrade. Dealer just told me today that it went from on hold to approved which means it is now scheduled. They said they will keep me informed of more when they know. Hmm?

Does that mean that I can expect a build date soon or just sit on my hands and wait? Lol!

Thanks!
wating 7 months now aug 1 build purple convertible
never thought it would happen

·
Registered
561 Posts
The ’23’s must have arrived by now, some assembly lines would have to be reconfigured towards those. And still back-fill ‘22 orders at the same time? It’s the journey though not destination.

If possible always buy 2nd year of which particular car is around at the time anyways. Example- the ‘13 Bosses had many of the glitches redesigned after the 12’s wrapped up for the year, I.E. skip shift feature. Another thing all the production and assembly lines still reconnoitering towards assembly from home 🤭, nobody wants to work in Maine either these days…

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wating 7 months now aug 1 build purple convertible
never thought it would happen
7 months! Yikes! I better be a more patient girl then. Lol! Not sure I can wait that long. I’m hoping 4 months and at that point, I will do something else. That’s just a looooong time to wait for a car. :)

·
Registered
2022 Ecoboost Premium Automatic Rapid Red Coastal Limited
3 Posts
Production and supply chains seem to have been significantly improving for the Mustang. I ordered an Ecoboost Premium convertible on 2/28; on 6/2 got the VIN and scheduled week 7/25. It is now in production.

This week they are doing scheduling for September weeks and the results come out on Thursdays and Fridays, so people should get notifications today. In late August they’ll do the scheduling for Octobervfor 22MR.

This is their plan for model year 22 and 23. Won’t be much changeover needed.

- 2022MY Fleet Final Order
Due Date
09/15/2022 - 2022MY Last Day to Spec
Change
11/23/2022 - 2022MY Balance Out Date

09/14/2022 - 2023MY Order Bank Open
Date
10/20/2022 - 2023MY Scheduling
Begins
• 11/28/2022 - 2023MY Job #1 Date

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Production and supply chains seem to have been significantly improving for the Mustang. I ordered an Ecoboost Premium convertible on 2/28; on 6/2 got the VIN and scheduled week 7/25. It is now in production.

This week they are doing scheduling for September weeks and the results come out on Thursdays and Fridays, so people should get notifications today. In late August they’ll do the scheduling for Octobervfor 22MR.

This is their plan for model year 22 and 23. Won’t be much changeover needed.

- 2022MY Fleet Final Order
Due Date
09/15/2022 - 2022MY Last Day to Spec
Change
11/23/2022 - 2022MY Balance Out Date

09/14/2022 - 2023MY Order Bank Open
Date
10/20/2022 - 2023MY Scheduling
Begins
• 11/28/2022 - 2023MY Job #1 Date
That sounds like really good news. So, I ordered on July 2nd and it’s been approved. I wonder when I can expect a build date? Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey y'all!

Thanks!
waiting 7 months. now gettig built

·
Tech-Advisor
4,765 Posts
OMG! That’s way longer than I want to wait! I guess we are on Ford’s timeline and not ours. I digress…
TMRABIN ordered 7 months before you did when the chip and part shortages were a bit worse. The shortage is still not great by any means but it has been slowly improving so I doubt that you'll be waiting as long.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TMRABIN ordered 7 months before you did when the chip and part shortages were a bit worse. The shortage is still not great by any means but it has been slowly improving so I doubt that you'll be waiting as long.
I think you are right from what I’ve been hearing. I’m being optimistic and hoping for 12 weeks. Fingers crossed! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE Y’ALL- Dealer just called and said that I now have a build date of September 5th. Kind of ironic as that is Labor Day and I’m sure they’ll be closed for the holiday. I hope they don’t rush it due to a short work week. 😬

Also, asked dealer about VIN and they said not yet but will provide when they get it. How long after build date should I expect a VIN?

Thanks!

·
Tech-Advisor
4,765 Posts
Yeah, I don't think that they'll be working on Labor Day. That's odd that they gave you that day as a build date. I would ask your dealer for clarification on that.
I don't think there really is any rushing on a production line like that no more than usual anyway. It's all timed out pretty much the same. Things go along at the same basic pace down the line.

·
Registered
2022 Ecoboost Premium Automatic Rapid Red Coastal Limited
3 Posts
Wow, that would be really fast. Your dealer must have a great relationship with Ford. Sept 5th would be the Build Week vs Build Day. Normally when they assign the week the VIN is assigned at the same time. Since Sept builds were already scheduled, they must be inserting you into the queue. As you get closer and work the scheduling you will get a BUILD DAY. About a week before that day your car will get invoiced, go IN PRODUCTION, and the window sticker will be available. The sticker will have the BLEND DATE, which is when the chassis and body come together on the assembly line. It is normally completed BUILT in 24-48 hours or so.
UPDATE Y’ALL- Dealer just called and said that I now have a build date of September 5th. Kind of ironic as that is Labor Day and I’m sure they’ll be closed for the holiday. I hope they don’t rush it due to a short work week. 😬

Also, asked dealer about VIN and they said not yet but will provide when they get it. How long after build date should I expect a VIN?

Thanks!

Reactions: Cobrajet67

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, that would be really fast. Your dealer must have a great relationship with Ford. Sept 5th would be the Build Week vs Build Day. Normally when they assign the week the VIN is assigned at the same time. Since Sept builds were already scheduled, they must be inserting you into the queue. As you get closer and work the scheduling you will get a BUILD DAY. About a week before that day your car will get invoiced, go IN PRODUCTION, and the window sticker will be available. The sticker will have the BLEND DATE, which is when the chassis and body come together on the assembly line. It is normally completed BUILT in 24-48 hours or so.
Thanks for that info. That makes sense and I hope to hear from my dealer in the next few days. I asked but they said they didn’t have one yet. Hmmm….

I‘ll update then!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok y'all, got an update. Build week was on 9/5 and dealer sent me a pic of their tracking website today and it shows the VIN and that "build day" was yesterday on 9/8. I assume that it should be complete by now or very soon.

Assuming it doesn't sit around some lot, waiting on chips, is a month a reasonable time Fram to expect delivery from now?

Getting excited! Thanks!

·
Tech-Advisor
4,765 Posts
I would say a month would be the earliest possible time to expect it. However, since yours is a higher optioned car it might take longer to ship out due to the lack of chip availability. Many cars are being delivered to the dealers without some minor convenience features working like the dual climate control but generally the more electronics that you have in the car the longer it'll sit around waiting for modules so that it can be shipped.
Hopefully, it comes sometime in October. October is still a good month for cruising around especially in a southern state.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would say a month would be the earliest possible time to expect it. However, since yours is a higher optioned car it might take longer to ship out due to the lack of chip availability. Many cars are being delivered to the dealers without some minor convenience features working like the dual climate control but generally the more electronics that you have in the car the longer it'll sit around waiting for modules so that it can be shipped.
Hopefully, it comes sometime in October. October is still a good month for cruising around especially in a southern state.
I think that probably about right. Spoke to dealer yesterday and again like pulling teeth. They checked and said ETA was October 12.
We’ll see….

1 - 20 of 25 Posts