Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so ive had my gt for 3 months now, like i said it has 235k miles. RUNS LIKE ITS BRAND NEW! So i want everyone to know the 4.6 motor is durable as heck and as long as you change the oil every 5-10k miles and dont beat it up too bad, it will last. Can anybody beat my record for miles? haha

·
Registered
271 Posts
one guy on svtp has like 300 on his cobra

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
I've got at least 250K on my Cobra, the odometer hasn't worked in years..yeah the motors are solid, it's everything else that will fail sooner or later

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What types of things go wrong on the 4.6? Just normal alternator/starter/ fuel pump? And my transmission has this whine, thought it was throw out bearing, replaced that and it disnt fix it. Might be input shaft bearing? Is it ok to drive long distances? Should i worry? Thanks

·
Registered
271 Posts
believe it or not all i heard of was just the norm (besides stupid decisions owners made causing things to go bad)

drive her safe & mod with accuracy! should last forever if you keep the routine stuff up Ie. fluid exchanges,plugs,clutch

i see nothing indicating these wont last 5-600k miles!

i believe a trans wine is an indicator to synco starting to die..
how bad is it whining?

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
well let's see what can fail and will esp after 250K?, pullies, belts, tensioners...fan, fan motor, radiator, oil cooler, A/C compressor/evaporator, alternator(I've had 5), the clutch/pp/to bearing(on my 3rd), the entire front suspension and bushings: rack, control arms, shocks, struts. the rear axle bearings/axles, the stereo, injectors, fuel pump... I have new seats/steering wheel and paint(since the factory stuff was kaput)....that's a start, don't even include mods you might add along the way, better love the car or you'll burn it cuz none of that stuff is cheap

·
Registered
515 Posts
just ready to turn 317k...

its got wear but for real you wouldnt know its got over 300 if i didnt tell you....i have no problems that would stop me from a cross country trip

ive driven others at 100k that you have your life in your hands

1 - 7 of 7 Posts