Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all my project car is moving along a little faster then a turtles pace but happy.

My question is will a 250 6cyl fit into a 66 coupe? If so will I have to change out much in the engine bay?

THANKS !

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm not real sure, but the stock engine for that year was the 289 and I'm pretty sure the size of the 250 is comparable to the 289. Again, I'm not positive on this one.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
250 6cyl

Thanks Dane,
I found one a guy was selling and instead of rebuilding the 2, 200's I have I rather have a working 250.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sounds like a fun project! My ex-girlfriend put a 302 in her 66 and it was quite a task.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
250 6 cyl

Were new at this she had a 64 1/2 and had to sell it so were rebuilding her a new one. Just have to see what trannie I need for a 250 now?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I haven't dealt with the 6's that much, If I'm going to put the work into my car I go all out! I would try to find a small block 351, the 302s are hard to find but they are nice! Good luck with your project, let me know how everything goes.

·
Registered
547 Posts
The answer to your question is likely at the fordsix forum. This forum is devoted to the Ford six (170, 200 and 250). There are a lot of knowledgable folks that really know these engines and don't mind sharing what they know. The link will take you the the "Mustang Corral" forum. Good luck!

Fordsix Performance :: View Forum - Mustang Corral

·
Registered
4 Posts
The answer to your question is. The 250 will drop right in. Same block, diffrent bore and stroke, but the 200 cid acutally is a better engine. If more power is what you're after then pony up to to a V-8. I have a 66' with a 200 cid and a C-4, the C-4 will bolt up to the 170,200,250,289,302, and 351 Windsor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.