Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello anyone know were I could get some pistons for my 289 windsor? Cause I'am building a clevor using 351 cleveland 2barrow heads with a (B&A STREET BOSS) intake manifold .Any info would help.Or if anyone has already done one of these engine how good are they on the street.Thank's:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Hello anyone know were I could get some pistons for my 289 windsor? Cause I'am building a clevor using 351 cleveland 2barrow heads with a (B&A STREET BOSS) intake manifold .Any info would help.Or if anyone has already done one of these engine how good are they on the street.Thank's:bigthumbsup
Keith Black Pistons would be a good call;
Keith Black/KB Pistons, Pistons - summitracing.com

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi there. I'm doing the exact same engine for my 65. I searched everywhere for pistons and didn't have much luck, apart from custom made's. Anyway.... I'm going to use Cleveland pistons and 302 rods. The Cleveland pistons have higher compression height, infact they are taller by the same amount as the 302 rods are shorter than the 289! It depends on which spec sheet you read as to the exact difference in compression height but close enough to do a dummy build and deck accordingly. The Cleveland piston of course have the valve pockets in the right place .

Hope this is of some help.

Dave

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank's 4Lowie I will check out the 351 cleveland piston's. Cause do have a set of them and I will have a closer look at them to see how they will measure up.Because I checked out the Keith Black Piston's at Summit racing and can't find what i need for my application.

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.