Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I'm using a Comp Cams Xtreme Energy flat tappet camshaft with their complete valvetrain and bigger valves, along with an Edelbrock carb and intake. With a good set of headers, I could probably get 320 hp at the flywheel

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
You probably have an ~8:1 compression ratio By the way, I'm using forged flat-top pistons, which would be about a 10:1 comp.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
so are the comp cams extreme energy flat tappet camshaft really work for you then! how much did both of them cost u!
The full kit cost about $350, the intake and carb were about $400, and I think I have 2.12" intake and 1.54" exhaust valves. Whatever the biggest valves that can be fit in a 289 head are. The best I've ran is a 15.4 at 88 mph. However, I was ahead of an '01 Cobra for the first 300 ft. I don't think I have enough gears in my transmission, or enough rear gear.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Yeah, those are the high-performance street cams. With a good 4v carb and intake, you could expect a gain of 60 hp. With your stock heads, power should be right off of idle, too. I've got a 750 cfm carb and ported heads so power comes in strongest after 3,000 rpm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.