1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
478 Posts
Been waiting for this to hit the road :)

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me also. Got my Pm back I got to move the engine forward at least 1/2". Pretty sure can go 1". I need at least 1" between rearend flange and driveshaft when driveshaft is in trans. I only 1/2 now. A little more work. Got to order some 1 1/2 u-bend so can modify some 3.8 header to fit engine. Strange as it may seem going single exhaust. Was going dual. Been searching net. Every dual SHO I heard sounds like terrrible. Maurice

·
Registered
478 Posts
I remember when I put dual exhaust on my n/a mustang. It didn't quite it down like I thought.

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
latest picture. MAF is mounted. Filter will go in fender area. Will make a removable panel so can be cleaned. Maurice

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
DUDE THAT LOOKS BAD A$$. Their is no engine on the planet that looks so DAM COOL as the SHO 3.0-3.2. In a car when its north and south. Sitting east and west in a front driver looks like garbage compared to your setup. THAT IS SO DAM COOL MAURICE. And intimidating to say the least. Very NICE MY MAN.:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have more plans. Wiring is getting moved to outside fender area. Vac line to trans is alread piped into the bottom of crossover pipe in rear. Vac line to ac is same area. Going to use the coil cover for the starter solinoid. Vac line that use to cross over is going in dash or "ball reservoir" is going in driver fender unsure right now.
My plans for engine electrical is already evident. Wiring is under intake to rear. Connection will thru the firewall and engine wiring in dash area. Of course plug connection under the crossover.
Try my best to make the engine the "jewel in the case." Maurice

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
A little update the radiator and fan is in car. The motor is actually bolted in to mounts. I got the center of crank in same vertical/horizontal place as my 2.3. Wound up with 3 degree rear angle. Read on internet that is correct. I threw wiring under hood and connecting it. Header downpipe would up in wrong place. [Would hit u-hose on block and oil filter] So more changes. Order more u-bend pipe to modify that today. Maurice
Just realized need more pictures on my photobucket. Also the driveshaft problem solved easy enough. Thanks for your advice and knowledge. :worship Maurice

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
MAURICE I LOVE YOUR SETUP. IT IS BAD A$$. To say the LEAST. I saw one years ago and it stuck in my mind. Cant wait till you finish it. Peace Tom:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More work done. A update picture, Radiator mounted, fan mounted, MAF mounted for now to hear run. Kind of unsure if permant because of AC lines. Got driver side header done, Ran the wiring to hear run and determine length. Throttle cable and bracket made. I think the trans cable will go to the gas pedal like the Ranger does so won't have it in the engine area. Got to make the 90 degree to hook radiator to rear of motor where thermostate is. Got a piece of copper to go from rear of motor to radiator. If find piece of stainless steel pipe that idea will change. Will be removing motor and etc to redo engine bay area. Plan on putting wiring in dash area and run wiring under the crossover, Like already motor and trans are mounted. Maurice
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w224/mgman75/93%20mustang%20converiable/8-13-2011031.jpg

·
Registered
286 Posts
Love the way that engine looks in there, nice job.

·
Registered
645 Posts
That's effin awesome. I'm happy to see your nearly done with it.

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Looking good My Man but you will have to do something about the upper rad hose. It appears like it is rubbing on the pulley. Nice and the motor mounts look great. Did you fab them?? Peace My Brother:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not rubbing on pulley. It just way it appears. I guess need to get picture that shows that. Yes I made the metal part of mounts. The mounts a street rodder bisquit mounts. I had to redo the MAF mounts. Got that done today. Maurice

Attachments

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
More work done. Ran out of time this weekend. Was going to start it but had a antifreeze leak. Maurice

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts