Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

3:73 Problem

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  funkbuster 
#1 ·
I dont know if anyone is experiencing this problem but in fourth gear the rpms stop at 4500. Is there any reason why thats happening. Also i drive it on the highways alot and my my engines been getting hotter then normal. It sits on the M and the A alot. Before i had the gears it sat on O all the time. Let me know if anyone has been experiencing these same problems and why these problems happen. Thanx

#2 ·
We need some more detail! Are you saying that when you shift into OD, you can floor it, and it won't rev past 4500 period? Does it downshift from OD? When you accelerate, it should immediately downshift to 3rd or 2nd, depending on how much throttle you give it. If you mean that you've had it up to 4500 in OD, A) You're going too kill yourself or someone else, and b) she's maxed out.

As far as the overheating goes, gears should not affect engine temp. Check to make sure that the coolant is full, the fan is working, and check the t-stat. It may also be because you're running her too hard!

#3 ·
Did you have the speedo recalibration gear installed when you had the gears put in?

Cause Im having a hard imagining just how fast your trying to go if your at 4500 in OD.

#4 ·
After gears my car ran hotter than it did with 2.73's but only on the highway. It almost gets into the last quarter of the gauge then stays put, but this is running at like 75-80 for a good period of time. Then it cools right off. More rpms=more heat.

#5 ·
the cars not automatic its manual in 4th gear at 4500 rpms it goes 105 and it stops it still has 1500 rpms untill redline. i have the speedo gear everything is on point. when i shift it into 5th gear because it stops so early, 5ths gears rpms keeps going i wouldnt know how far 5th gear goes cause i wasnt feeling that crazy. but if anyone knows why 4th stops early please let me know. thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.