Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I just registered here and am excited to start on my build. I have a 2000 3.8 black mustang. pretty much stock except intake and exhaust. ill try to put up a sound clip at some point. i have the aero turbine muffler and custom mostly gutted exhaust. that is the most amazing muffler ive ever heard on these cars. Well worth the high price.

Anyway, i joined mainly to budget build my car. i've seen a lot of used goodies on here and want to start piling up parts. For the moment im just looking for smaller stuff like a steeda tri-ax shifter, an A/C delete pulley, a GT rear bumper and hood, and other smaller things.

I plan on Camming, Port/Polishing, Gearing( 3.73), putting an 8.8 rearend in and eventually supercharging.

I know I've got a butt ton of work ahead but im glad there's forums for us do it yourselfers to motivate us to get our cars ripped down and built up

Thanks!!
zane

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks dudeskis!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Welcome to AFM. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Hey everyone. I just registered here and am excited to start on my build. I have a 2000 3.8 black mustang. pretty much stock except intake and exhaust. ill try to put up a sound clip at some point. i have the aero turbine muffler and custom mostly gutted exhaust. that is the most amazing muffler ive ever heard on these cars. Well worth the high price.

Anyway, i joined mainly to budget build my car. i've seen a lot of used goodies on here and want to start piling up parts. For the moment im just looking for smaller stuff like a steeda tri-ax shifter, an A/C delete pulley, a GT rear bumper and hood, and other smaller things.

I plan on Camming, Port/Polishing, Gearing( 3.73), putting an 8.8 rearend in and eventually supercharging.

I know I've got a butt ton of work ahead but im glad there's forums for us do it yourselfers to motivate us to get our cars ripped down and built up

Thanks!!
zane
Welcome to the site!!! Come to the V6 Tech section and find your answers! :laugh: LOL

What's a aero turbine muffler? Is that a glasspack or chambered or spiral? Just curious: you only replaced your muffler or do you have dual exhaust? Post a vid, cuz I'm curious what it sounds like! :shigrin

Also, if you're looking at a budget build, you need to figure out your final goal so you're not doing/paying for things you're only going to replace/ not need later! Just my .02 :grinroll:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im not too sure what kind of muffler it is actually? And it was like $500 for the meffler alone back in the day! haha i just went to AERO's site and theyre goin for $110 or somethin. but its just the muffler on there. I'd put up a sound clip but me engine is in peices right now but it sounds amazing. I kinda think a lot of the v6 exhausts from mac and borla sound a little ricey.....But im lookin to go with dual side exit exhaust when i get all my engine work done.
I'm also looking for 400+ ponies so hopefully im going about this correctly.
thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.