Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all im new to the forums so hope this comes out right lol. my question is i have a 95 3.8 the tranny is going bad and i wanted to know how hard it would be to put the 5.0 tranny in it? i am going to eventually put the 5.0 motor in aswell but prob do the tranny and rear end this winter and the motor next. i would stick with the 3.8 set up but from what i understand the 95 pretty much sucks lmao. the motor has head problems and a severe lack in HP and the tranny is also a joke. the tranny now is an auto but i want to put in a manual i know i will need a luandry list of other things to do that part of the conversion but just wanted to get thoughts and opinions on the basic swap! sorry for the long winded post hope to hear from you all, thanks for looking :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well, if you're gonna swap in a 5.0.. then I don't think it's worth doing anything now, because if you read the V6 to V8 swap post, it's not very easy, it will cost alot of money, and itll take ALOT of time. And alot of parts. It's prob more worth it just to save up n buy a 94-95 mustang with the 5.0 in it. I think it'd be cheaper in the long run.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Carbed 5.0 swaps are much easier than a fuelie swap......

You will need the 5.0 bellhousing and motor plate no matter which tranny you use. The difference is the placement of the starter. They were made specific in relation to the headers.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
let me make the question a little easier can i use a v8 tranny with my v6 motor and how hard will it be to do? i am also going to upgrade the rear axle to the much stronger v8 axle aswell( besides from what i understand it will make it posi aswell... am i right?)

·
Registered
252 Posts
let me make the question a little easier can i use a v8 tranny with my v6 motor and how hard will it be to do? i am also going to upgrade the rear axle to the much stronger v8 axle aswell( besides from what i understand it will make it posi aswell... am i right?)
a) you can only use a t5 tranny from a fox body b) yes it will its a 8.8" rear end and also make sure you get the rear end for your style stang

·
Registered
132 Posts
Carbed 5.0 swaps are much easier than a fuelie swap......

You will need the 5.0 bellhousing and motor plate no matter which tranny you use. The difference is the placement of the starter. They were made specific in relation to the headers.....
There were carbed motors in 95?? I thought they eliminated carbs by like the earlier 90s late 80s...?

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
There were carbed motors in 95?? I thought they eliminated carbs by like the earlier 90s late 80s...?
no, hes not talking about 95s..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts