Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 86 Convert I plan in putting a 5.0 in with a Holly 750, Complete new exhust hearder to tail. I want to put a cam in it with a little lope at Idle any sugestions?
Does any one know if the rear is the same size as a 5.0? what about motor mounts the engine is out of a 86 linclon are they the same? Any help or suggestion are welcome the Last Stang 5.0 I built was in 1984 as far as that goes that is the last engine work i done since. So I have to relearn all over again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi,
As far as the cam, it kind of depends on what other mods are done to the eng. if any. Also, is the car auto, or stick? If it is an auto trans, it will limit you to how much ''lope" you can have, unless you have, or get a higher stall converter. As for the rear end, it will have a 7.5". You will probably want to upgrade the rear to an 8.8" out of a V8 car (86-up fox body). The 7.5 will work for awhile if you don't have the cash right now. Just depends on how much power the car has and how you drive. The motor mounts out of the lincoln will probably work, but if you can aford it, you should get fox body vert mounts. Those mounts will be stronger, and also let the eng. set down and back more. If the eng. is totaly stock, I would also replace the heads. Lincoln heads suck! You can pick up a set of factory E7 5.0 heads for as little as $30. (make sure to get 87-up). Scince you're going to replace the cam anyhow, it wouldn't be that much more work. Also get a new timing chain. Hope I helped some! Shawn

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I think the engine crossmember might be different on the V6 car (maybe it's the straight six:sleeping:). It can be used, but requires some modification. The 4 cyl. or V8 piece will work easier.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I am using the Lincoln AOD transmission. no stall converter. I thought the rear was smaller I'll find one put it in then. Great info on the heads I will get a set of them also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.