Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my friend has a 95 ford mustang 3.8L auto.. where doin headgaskets on it and he wants to keep up with my 98 gt after we are done..... So how could he get the most power out of the v6 and what bolt ons should he do.. we were thinkin on gettin heads and intake off of a 99 or newer but i dont know how much more power he would gain off of the swap..oh and he wants it to sound like a v8 also... thanks a lot:shigrin

·
Banned
439 Posts
First, a V6 will never sound like a V8 due to the firing order, even vs odd.

2nd, doing the split port swat is about a 40hp gain, on the paper.
While you got the engine taken apart, swap out the cam for more gain :winks
Then get gears to wake it up a little.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i spent a year trying different exhaust setups with my car it took me forever to get the results i wanted but my car sounds amazingly close to a gt try manderal bent pipe duals turbo muffelers and gut the cats (and ppl dont say it makes your car run bad because it dosnt i drive my car every day and it runs fine ) several mods that wont break ur wallet are 4.10 gears with a tuner the car only has about 2500 rpms at 60 a posilok rear port the heads get spilt port adds about 40 horses a shift kit if its auto a cold air intake and get rid of as much weight as you can relocate the battery to the trunk it puts weight to the rear wheels and for faster acceleration get smaller rims 15 or 16 inch with drag radials so it will stick my car burns first second and chirps third i am doing an engine swap soon i got a donor mach1 yay

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what kind of cam should he get and is there a a/c delete kit for a 3.8L

·
Banned
439 Posts
what kind of cam should he get and is there a a/c delete kit for a 3.8L
It can be made to your need.
Yes there is a free spinning wheel you can get

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Yes, it is called a knife and a shorter belt. Try searching for it. There is a thread in here about how to do it......
latemodel resto sells the delete kit for under $40.

:good_and_evil:

·
Registered
40 Posts
i spent a year trying different exhaust setups with my car it took me forever to get the results i wanted but my car sounds amazingly close to a gt try manderal bent pipe duals turbo muffelers and gut the cats (and ppl dont say it makes your car run bad because it dosnt i drive my car every day and it runs fine ) several mods that wont break ur wallet are 4.10 gears with a tuner the car only has about 2500 rpms at 60 a posilok rear port the heads get spilt port adds about 40 horses a shift kit if its auto a cold air intake and get rid of as much weight as you can relocate the battery to the trunk it puts weight to the rear wheels and for faster acceleration get smaller rims 15 or 16 inch with drag radials so it will stick my car burns first second and chirps third i am doing an engine swap soon i got a donor mach1 yay
I request a sound clip of your gt sounding v6

to the op, if you already have to take the heads and intake off, go for the splitport swap if you have the funds. it will give you the most out of an upgrade without doing any forced induction. you do the splitport and go with 4.10 gears you will be able to get a nice jump on a stock gt but the longer you have to go the more he will catch up to you. you are looking at a 30-40 bump in horsepower as far as i remember. i started to gather parts for it but haven't got everything together. no single bolt on will give you even half of that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.