Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The engine quit while driving this morning. It didn't sputter or anything, it just died. I coasted to the side of the road and I called my wife to bring me gas. I was low and thought maybe I had ran out before making it to the gas station. Once I filled the tank the engine would crank but would not start. I can hear the fuel pump run. My father helped tow me home. We pulled fuses (all ok), pulled a spark plug out and grounded it against the block and cranked the engine. We saw a little bit of a spark (not blue, more yellow to red). We also noticed that the plug was not wet with fuel. Any ideas/suggestions.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
582 Posts
Not sure if yours has one, but there is a button inside the trunk near the drivers side tail light area. It is an auto fuel cut off switch, it says if the car doesnt start, try pressing the button to reset it. But if you hear the fuel pump already, that probably isnt the problem then.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
1nuttybuckeye said:
The engine quit while driving this morning. It didn't sputter or anything, it just died. I coasted to the side of the road and I called my wife to bring me gas. I was low and thought maybe I had ran out before making it to the gas station. Once I filled the tank the engine would crank but would not start. I can hear the fuel pump run. My father helped tow me home. We pulled fuses (all ok), pulled a spark plug out and grounded it against the block and cranked the engine. We saw a little bit of a spark (not blue, more yellow to red). We also noticed that the plug was not wet with fuel. Any ideas/suggestions.

Thanks,
John
try disconnecting the battery for 30 secs to reset the computer. If it runs low, sometimes it'll go into a safe mode to avoid a lean situation.

Then pump the pedal ONCE while the switch is ON, THEN turn the key all the way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Think we found the problem to be the fuel pump, after we removed the fuel filter and turned the key on even tho the pump runs for a second, no fuel is coming out of the line from the tank. :?: :?: Is this possible for the pump to sound like it should yet not pump any gas :?:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.