Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
5.13??? holy gasguzzle, batman!!! That's some short gears!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, thats all i can find for the 7.5" also. I feel like 4.10 are too much cause of highway, but i want more than 3.73. I know they're available for the 8.8 though. Is it worth it to you guys to drop in the 8.8 rear, if im gonna install t-loc and 3.90? what do ya think?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Yeah, thats all i can find for the 7.5" also. I feel like 4.10 are too much cause of highway, but i want more than 3.73. I know they're available for the 8.8 though. Is it worth it to you guys to drop in the 8.8 rear, if im gonna install t-loc and 3.90? what do ya think?
It might end up being cheaper to install a GT takeoff 8.8. But not sure if you can find one with 3.90s already installed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
apart from price, what are the benefits of having the 8.8 over the 7.5.? is it preference or strength, or just plain better?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
well... you could go with a shorter tires... 3.73 with like a 26 or 26.5 inch tire would probably give you about a 3.90... or go taller... 4.10s with 27.5 or 28 inch tire...

·
Registered
125 Posts
I met one guy who did the short tire thing. He said it was kinda nice having the little extra pep. He still had the stock gears and all that but kinda enjoyed it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.