Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started Friday when i got home from work at 5pm. Was going to rain most of the weekend so decided to clean her up from her little 2 week stint at the body shop for the chin spoiler and rock chip.Heres the breakdown.......
Friday- clayed the outside,clayed the engine compartment,clayed the trunk area
Saturday-polished and waxed outside,trunk and engine compartment,waxed and polished rims off the car and put back on
Sunday-detailed hoses and rest of engine compartment,cleaned inside windows (back one hasnt gotten any easier!) spot swept,scrubbed mats,leather cleaner or leather protector on seats,cleaned instrument panel and put on new hood heat shield....got ready to take a little drive and it started spinkling,daggone it...but did manage to snap a few outside pics before it did. Busy weekend but man it looks so good! Also ordered me a set of the Agent 47 mirrors on Saturday. When does it stop,lol??? Brent

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
NICE gtretroredfire... I just dont have the patience to do that...but thats why my car will never look that clean!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Looks really good man. Im cleaning mine to, i got a car show next weekend and im not doin the outside until friday. But i detailed the interior. Armor all everything, center console, door panels. Also did the leather conditioner and vacuumed every spot inside. How did you clean the engine?

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
Very nice! Now do mine! It really needs it! LOL

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
awesome job Brent! that engine bay looks great.... and the Agent 47 mirrors will look very nice on your ride :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I am a rookie when it comes to detailing.....now I have something to aspire to....lol.

Superb !!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Very nice......nice louvers....how was the install on those?

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
How did the Mrs. take to you spending 3 whole days with your mustang? haha

Looks great brent. Time well spent :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice......nice louvers....how was the install on those?
Install was faily easy,I have a buddy who wons a glass replacement center who offered to put them in for me, a freebie.Plus IF there was ever to be a seal problem or something which there hasnt been then he would fix it for me too. I watched him do them and he made it look very easy. Sure didnt look like anything i couldnt of done just wanted to be safe and let a pro do it. I love them though,really adds the "retro" look to the lovers! Brent

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How did the Mrs. take to you spending 3 whole days with your mustang? haha

Looks great brent. Time well spent :bigthumbsup
She didnt mind a bit.She was busy scapbooking........except for the times she brought me lunch and dinner to the garage.:D Ive got a great woman and definately my soulmate.Makes life so easy! Brent

·
Registered
607 Posts
Beautiful! Looks amazingly clean!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
That car looks amazing I really like your stripes.

·
Registered
661 Posts
wow that looks great, when I read the thread name I was like how can you possibly spend three days detailing, but when you said you clayed the engine compartment and detailed the hoses and I saw the pictures I understood how. Looks great man.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
as someone who works in detailing i must say thats a great job but if you bring it to me and pay me $175 i can do it in an hour at work :walksmile

o and don't forget to tip me :hihi:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Looks great:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
That really looks great, Brent. I can truly appreciate a clean engine bay.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
:) i do that every time i wash my car.. it makes me happy lol.. seeing it clean as hell inside n out.. but i do a less thorough version, it only takes me 4 hours..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.