Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my mustang to my dads friends shop today. I found out that I have 2 exhaust leaks next to the mufflers from ****** welding, and 1 on top of the right cat (from me hitting it) plus I need new shocks/struts on the front. Oh and can't forget the dirty tranny fluid and a new filter. He said I have to take it to an exhaust shop to get it fixed because he doesn't do exhaust stuff. Can anyone give me a ball park figure of what I might have to spend to get the exhaust fixed?

·
Registered
277 Posts
If its just holes that need to be patched with some welding I don't see it taking any more than 2 hours really.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the leaks on the mufflers are just holes but i'm not sure about the cat. Guess i'll just have to take it in and find out.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
If you're going to do a new exhaust, I had 2.25" stainless pipe from the cat back with H pipe and Flowmasters and of course, the obligatory chrome tip all done for $500.

Get the Tokico struts and shocks from AM. They were cheaper than anyone I could google.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well hes doing it all today so I can't get those. I definitely want to keep my exhaust though, I love it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts