Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed/or have installed the 3" Flowmaster kit? I really want to do this but I h ave a 2.5" Amercan Thunder package on my car and I have a lot of trouble with the pipes "vibrating" against part of the body.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
get some stiffer hangers...2.5 is nice. but i dont think 3.0 would be bad for a 5.0 :D i say go for it, youll just have to hang them a little bit lower.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Unless you're putting out a lot of power, going to a 3 inch system will cause you to lose some bottom end torque. A 2 1/2 inch system can support up to 500 hp.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just heard some 3" flowmasters with dumps on you tube and I just think I have to have to have it it sounds so much deeper than my 2.5"

·
Super Moderator
39,946 Posts
A 3 inch system will kill your low end torque(as Eagle said),keep the 2.5 inch pipes and just install the 3 inch Flowmasters with 3 inch dumps and you will get that deeper tone you are looking for.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
If you mate the 2 1/2 pipe to a 3 inch muffler and a dump, you may not lose too much torque. I agree that sounds mean, I just would rather have performance than sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.