Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was hanging with a few friends at the local spot and decided to go to one of our favorite backroad drags at around 11pm. It was crystal clear and about 30 degrees. First up was a mildly modified? 01 GT. I lit em up for some heat and we left the line together, I 60 footed him pretty bad but he caught up when i missed 2nd BIG TIME (first race ever, still feeling out car), grabbed second and walked him again until, you guessed it, missed 3rd! I still had him by half a car at the end, muwahahaha. Next up a friend with a C4 vette wanted a piece so I lined it up with no cool down. not sure of his mods but I figured any vette in nice shape should be a good run. well, I don't know if he fell asleep at the line :sleeping: or what but i smoked him by 4-5 lengths :eyebulge: . the last kill (actually the first, was earlier in the night) was a small block blazer, no clue what he had but he tried me from a 5-10 roll and got smoked, bad.:wavey . Well thats my story , 3 for 3 in 06 baby! Rolling out tongight for more action, will post up with the results, good or bad... :rollgrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
What year abouts was that vette???? That's quite a kill!
That Mustang surprises me, even after missing your shifts, you still had him, that's impressive.
The blazer, good job as well, but it doesn't surprise me you schmoked his ___.

Good job!

What mods do you have, if any? You should post them in your sig.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
nice kills. it's always good to have a Corvette kill. C4's aren't to common anymore where i live. more C5's and C6's to see.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Nice kills, but how do you miss second? IT's straight down. 3rd I can understand...that can be a tricky one if ur shifting quickly.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Might have been too ancy and missed it be letting off the clutch too early.

I've done that before, missed second. Don't know WHAT I was thinking, but... it happens!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I've missed 2nd, by letting the clutch out too soon as well......

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
JEB said:
What year abouts was that vette???? That's quite a kill!
That Mustang surprises me, even after missing your shifts, you still had him, that's impressive.
SOme C4s are slow. They reallyt werent anything until 92 when they got the LT1. Especiallly the 84 Crossfire and then the 85 Iron HEaded L98.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.