Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i don't know what was up tonight lol. I was on my way to work and i saw a 97' black GT mustang up ahead. Well i went out of my way to follow him and check out his car. After i got closer to it the car started looking really familiar so i kinda sped up to see who was driving it, and it ended up being a guy i work with going to work also haha.

So we get to a red light, and he asked me if i wanted to race. I said "yeah but you're probably gonna kill me haha". We waited till the light turned green and we both took off. Ok my tires are really really bad so i was burning them through second, so he got the jump on me. Well after i caught some traction, i started gaining on him HARD. I hit 3rd and blew by him! I looked back in my mirror and he just gave up lol. I think my little sixer broke his spirits lol. I know the stock sn95 (pre-new egde) were not fast by any means, but it made me pretty happy lol.

Well here is where the story gets good....

I guess this ricer (90's civic) saw us racing, cause when i got to the next red light, he pulled up next to me and started revving *yawn* so we wait for the light to turn green, then we punch it. This time i got great traction and left him standing still haha. :bigthumbsup

Haha then not even 30 seconds later, this NEON is coming up fast on me but i'm driving normal speed we both downshift from like a 40ish roll and i leave him in the dust too :bigthumbsup

Remember all this took place in like 3 minutes haha. What a great night for the mattstang :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
704 Posts
i call bs...

no stock 01 v6 mustang will take a 97 mustang gt.... the 97 is wieghs less, has more hp, and has more torque...

but then again anything can happen on the street...

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
i call bs...

no stock 01 v6 mustang will take a 97 mustang gt.... the 97 is wieghs less, has more hp, and has more torque...

+1 Especially since he got the jump on him, unless it was an aode.

·
Registered
704 Posts
+1 Especially since he got the jump on him, unless it was an aode.

haha yea, but still

maybe he got such a big jump on him, then he let off, and this guy did a ricer fly-by and thought he won!!:gringreen

just for the record, im just kidding about that, its just hard to believe, but like i said b4...its a street race and a lot of things can happen, maybe he missed a shift, or he just sucks at driving...who knows??

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
haha yea, but still

maybe he got such a big jump on him, then he let off, and this guy did a ricer fly-by and thought he won!!:gringreen

just for the record, im just kidding about that, its just hard to believe, but like i said b4...its a street race and a lot of things can happen, maybe he missed a shift, or he just sucks at driving...who knows??

Damn bro, just noticed that you have an aode, thanks for taking it with humor and not a personal shot because it definitely wasn't . I was just stating that if homey holeshoted the guy and the OP blew his tires off and everything and still managed to comeback and not barely beat him but blow him away than either he's bs'ing or the car was an aode 4.6 which were slow as sin. But like was said at the end, it's street racing so who knows :headscratch:?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Damn bro, just noticed that you have an aode, thanks for taking it with humor and not a personal shot because it definitely wasn't . I was just stating that if homey holeshoted the guy and the OP blew his tires off and everything and still managed to comeback and not barely beat him but blow him away than either he's bs'ing or the car was an aode 4.6 which were slow as sin. But like was said at the end, it's street racing so who knows :headscratch:?

hahaha trust me no offense taken! i was agreeing with you,

what i meant, when i said, but still, is that...even with a aode i think the gt would of won...

and yes the aode in stock form is horrible!!!!!!

·
Registered
720 Posts
While me may not be as fast as the PI sn95's Ive smoked new edge 6's who thought they were street racers all because their CAI and "dual exhaust". I dont believe you couldve taken a 97, maybe the car needs a new driver. Although owning a civic and neon is always fun!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well everybody has there own opinion and i can't change it so there is no sense in arguing on this. I know what happened and i've driven that 97' before and it was slow. The guys car has 147,000 miles on it so that could have alot to do with it.

Sorry you guys didn't believe me, guess this so called kill story i wrote was all fake to you guys.

·
Registered
883 Posts
With your 3.73's and his tired engine with 147k on it, I don't doubt it. . . A 97 GT really isn't very quick w/o lots of mods.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i call bs...

Dude my car is not stock

With your 3.73's and his tired engine with 147k on it, I don't doubt it. . . A 97 GT really isn't very quick w/o lots of mods.
Thanks for noticing

·
Registered
704 Posts
Dude my car is not stock

"2001 Mineral Gray V6

Steeda Tri-Ax Short Shifter, 3.73's and FRPP traction lock, OEM smoked headlights, BBK CAI, bumper inserts, chin spoiler, eibach pro-kit lowering springs, Optima Red Top, side scoops, Mach 1 grill delete, Black LED third brake light, shorty antenna and chrome Gauge Bezels. On the way: 18x9 and 18x10 deep dish Anthracite FR500's
"

alright...so you have 3.73s, cai, and a short shifter...

YOUR CAR IS STILL BASICALLY STOCK!!

its not fast, and its not going to beat a gt im sorry.

like i said in my kill story section, i have raced a 2010 mustang v6...which is faster then yours, and i still won, plus my 94gt is slower then a 97....

(and yes, we switched cars, the 94gt still won in this race...so wasnt a bad driver...)

so once again, its bs, and if it is true you beat the driver, not the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ha thats about as funny as our friend (steelers1377 and i) , telling us that his new accord has a full $800 exhaust system on it...

we popped the hood and looked under it... stock mani, stock exhaust, magnaflows clamped in to stock muffler location...

we let him think its nice... lol

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You guys are right, i made it all up. I have nothing better to do than make up kill stories all day. You guys are great, i suck. I really don't have a car, i just have a bicycle.

I bow down to your greatness

·
Registered
704 Posts
i wouldnt doubt it.... all your threads are in the kill story sections... and all your posts are just welcome posts... i would like to see you actually help some ppl on this forum and maybe you would get more respect.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha ok. Only cause you told me so.

And if you actually read my posts you crazy person, then you would see that i HAVE helped people.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts