Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do you guys prefer? 3" or 3.5" for duals? I've got 3" right now but I think they look to small and am thinking about upgrading to 3.5". Plus I hear the larger the tips the louder. What do you guys think?

·
Super Moderator
40,151 Posts
i have the 3.5 rolled edge tips,they sound and look good....the larger the tip the deeper the sound...

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I like the 3's but it's whatever your preference is.

·
Registered
649 Posts
its your choice on tips, since its your car, for a new edge, rolled looks better than slashed and vice versa

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its your choice on tips, since its your car, for a new edge, rolled looks better than slashed and vice versa
Well I've already got rolled. I love the look. I was just wondering about the size.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Well I've already got rolled. I love the look. I was just wondering about the size.
I think mine might be 3.5 inch, they are slash cut, I'll take a pic soon and measure them

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Not to be mean or bash on you rolled tip guys, but I personally think rolled tips look like crap on anything. I have 3.5 inch slash cut tips on my 01 V6 and they look good, and it does have a pretty low burble to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I went and upgraded to 3.5" today, and they look and sound amazing! They kill 3".

And I'm not a big fan of slashed. Cheap, not as durable, don't look as nice, and dont produce as good of a sound. Rolled are stainless steel. Most slashed are just cheap metal. But I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yep, I have 3.5 inch tips. I don't have the bumper cut out, but i'll just leave it like that in case I want to change to side exhaust later on.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
The only reason mine are cut is because I plan on putting a GT bumper on it later, so I trimmed my bumper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.