Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to give anyone a heads up that might be looking at 3-piece wheels. I could not have the sensors mounted inside. The 3-piece wheel has an almost completely flat surface through the middle of the wheel. They could not get the tires on over the sensors. We left them off. I could care less about it, so I will wait around until there is a good solution for getting rid of the light. I will post pics soon of the wheels, I am still waiting on the center caps and the car is being lowered this weekend.

Needless to say, I have a set of 20" American Muscle straps and OEM sensors to get rid of :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'm going to have to check these things out. There's no reason someone couldn't make a pressurized tube that you could mount the sensors too, then drop it in your trunk and the car will never know the difference.

Or a way to mount all 4 to the donut tire in the trunk.

As I understand, it is some sort of wireless signal right?

I could make a killing. ;)

Better yet, a small transmitter you can hardwire somewhere in the car that transmits the TPMS ID's to the receiver. ;)

Wonder if the government could install receivers in the road to pick up your TPMS signal and use that information, since it must be linked to a car ID of some sort.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just wanted to give anyone a heads up that might be looking at 3-piece wheels. I could not have the sensors mounted inside. The 3-piece wheel has an almost completely flat surface through the middle of the wheel. They could not get the tires on over the sensors. We left them off. I could care less about it, so I will wait around until there is a good solution for getting rid of the light. I will post pics soon of the wheels, I am still waiting on the center caps and the car is being lowered this weekend.

Needless to say, I have a set of 20" American Muscle straps and OEM sensors to get rid of :)
Hi Stump...I'm new to this forum...I bought a new gauge cluster last year and I now have the electronics for the TPS's. I was either going to get a re-flash to rid myself of the light, or get the sensors. Interested in getting rid of the sensors? Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, shoot me a PM and we can work something out.

I just reflashed my system. I added a Steeda CAI today and it came with the Xcal2. My engine light is gone from the O2 sensors, but the tire light is still on. From what I have read there is no way to turn the light off through a tuner. Hopefully someone will figure out how. I don't mind the light, I don't even notice it. I just don't want to have any issues with service in the future at dealers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.