Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, i have 3 questions bfore i buy these three things for my stang.

1) If i get some 3.73's, what else will i need to buy with it...as in pinion, bearings etc... and how much will it cost to get installed? Also, anywhere in or near dallas that will do it reasonably?

2) Prochamber w/ cats...do i need anything else for a self-installation, like MIL elliminators or O2 Sensors?

3) http://www.americanracing.com/wheels/details.asp?wheelid=154&name=Rebel%20Chrome&style=699&desc=1-piece%20chrome%20plated%20alloy&section=A .... if i get these rims, are they too heay, what size rubber on the back, and overall opinion(are they any good?) Thanks guys...this will be a lot of help:laughlitt

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
1: You will need the differential, a install kit, and some friction modifier. Roughly look at cost of parts + $400 for the install.

2: If you are keeping your cats then you wont need a MIL eliminator, you may need to cut off the old exhaust and possibly weld on the new one for a good seal.

3: as long as you dont go to wide on the rear you should be fine with som 245 meats on the back and som 225's on the front.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
So you have an 02 GT...1. the gears come as a ring and pinion, you will also need a bearing kit, friction modifier or synthetic lube, and a way to fix the speedo (speedcal, tuner). 2. I've heard of some catted pipes triping the light anway, some Mils don't work so good, so use a tuner to turn off the rear O2s if you have any problems. 3. What size rim are going to get? I have 17X9s all the way around with 275/40/17 with only very slight rubbing at full lock (how often do you need to turn full lock anyways). BTW I do like the wheels, ask the suppier about the weight.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The ring & pinion kit was on sale at 50resto.com for $139.00 or $149.00 for Ford racing gears. The install kit will cost about $100 to $120.00 depending on if you buy new axle bearings & seals. The friction addative is about $5.00 to $10.00 for a bottle and buy a good synthetic gear lube (Royal Purple, Redline, Amsoil,ect.) and it should run you about $5.00 to $10.00 per bottle and you will need 3 bottles I think. I have also heard that MIL kit doesn't always work so have a tuner turn off the rear o2s. By the way nice rims. Hope they don't cost to much. I just purchased a set of 03 Cobra 17x9" & 17x10.5" rims off of ebay for 495.00 + shipping. I will be running Nitto NT555 255/40/17 on the front & 285/40/17 on the rear.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok guys, well i think over the break im going to put the Prochamber on, but are you sure that i should weld it? Ive just heard a lot of different things about welding and not welding. Also, the rims are pretty costly 1200, and they are 18x10 in the rear and 18x8 in the front i already have the tires because i have a friend in the tire business. He gave me some 295 rear and 265 front. Is this too much in the front do you guys think? Any more helpful info would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
There's no need to weld in the prochamber. Mac's sealing surfaces work really well. Just run to an auto parts store and pick up an OEM metal O gasket and throw the paper one that comes with the midpipe in the trash. Also, I've had catted Mac pipes for quite some time and not had a single problem with tripping a MIL. You will however need a couple of 6 inch extensions and a flex socket to get to the passenger side downpipe bolts because they're pretty far up and in a tight spot. A 3/8 drive impact wrench and some penetrating oil will come in real handy also.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, thanks for all the help. I think i'll just get the gears later when i have the money for the install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.