Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,I just got 3 questions hoping you guys can answer.I have a 07 gt 5-speed

1-If I take my converters off and clean them out will I have any problems?

2-How much will getting a 4.10 put in my car cost me?

3-I have a guy at home that can tune my car personally.But,I am going to be gone for a couple months on buisness.So,should I just be patient and let the guy personally do it or just got for one of those sct tunes from bama,evo,or brenspeed? Will they be just as good?

THANKS FOR THE HELP GOD BLESS

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
1. Somebody else will have to answer this one. I think it's a bad idea- okay for a motorcycle, not so good with all the sensors on this car.
2. Do a search on the forum using "4.10" - prices are all over the map. I plan on doing the 4.10 gears soon. A lot of potential for screw-up here. Find a reputable shop and pay the asking price- it's worth every penny. I would do it myself, but I cannot bring myself to buy the instruments that I will only use once.
3. I have a predator tuner and regret it- If I knew then what I know now, I would have gone SCT. Most serious tuners in here are using SCT and either the mail order tuners you listed, or personal dyno tuners. I guess if you find a guy with a dyno that really knows his caca, you can end up with something better than you can get in the mail, but I'm only going on what I have read in here.

Search the forum- all these questions have been asked and answered before, so most won't waste the time to answer them all over again. I just have a lot of time on my hands today...

Good luck to you.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
brstrike said:
1-If I take my converters off and clean them out will I have any problems?
Probably will throw a P0420 or P0430 code (Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1 or Bank 2). That can be overcome with a tune or MIL eliminators. Also would likely not pass a tailpipe emissions test if that applies to you.

2-How much will getting a 4.10 put in my car cost me??
Anywhere from $150-300 for the gears and $250-$400 to install. Pick a good gear shop.

3-I have a guy at home that can tune my car personally.But,I am going to be gone for a couple months on buisness.So,should I just be patient and let the guy personally do it or just got for one of those sct tunes from bama,evo,or brenspeed? Will they be just as good?
Clearly the best way to tune your car is to take it to a reputable dyno tuner. However, if you don't want to do that, you could go with one of the tuners that you mention. All are good. I'd recommend an SCT tuner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts