Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '95 Mustang GT with a Holley Systemax2 set up with TFS aluminum heads, double roller timing set, cam, upper and lower intake, 1.6 roller rockers. We are taking the stock shortblock and adding the SCAT 4340 forged crank, SCAT 4340 "H" Beam rods (5.400) and Probe flat top pistons.
I was having some over heating problems prior to the rebuild, and some problems with the engine stalling at times.
What other upgrades improvements should I consider to make a strong daily driver with occasional drag and track days, and eliminate the stalling and overheating issues? What sort of HP should I expect when I am done? Are there any special considerations for theTFS heads?
Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sounds like it will be a pretty strong daily driver after stroking it. If you have stock rad & fan clutch i would look to change to 3 row brass or Alum, whatever your pref. With my gears i had the same problem. Changed from the stocker 2 row to brass 3 row and new fan clutch & my problems were solved. Hold on does the 95 come with ele. fan? Anyway, as to the occ. stalling it could be a # of things. Plenty of threads on that issue. Check out my sig. to see my particular setup. I had it dyn. after all upgades except for fuel and meter, due to the concern of drivability. 255hp 299 tor. at rear tires.
Doesn't sound like much but she hauls. The fuel and meter upgrade hurt drivability a little. But with regular tires i can't get enough grip. It's hillarious.

·
Registered
516 Posts
no offense man but those numbers are offly low. i made more power then that on my 302 with burnt rings and other issues. i am in the process of building a 347 for mine and i should be closer to 350-400rwhp with some good tuning

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.