Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
i am sure you would get a decent piece. but if you read carefully what you are getting you could buy parts and find machine shop local to do what is listed. with you being across country shipping becomes a expense that doesn't help you go any faster. just my opinion good luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Issues with a 1986 T-bird 302

Johnny, thanks for the input. My problem is that I have a 1986 t-bird 302. Apparently it has flat top pistons thus limiting my options for heads and such. If I could work the motor to 350hp, then I would keep it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

JP

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Hi,
Are you thinking flywheel or RWHP, when you mention 350 HP?
As you may to stroke (331) to get to 350 RWHP. (a previous build, netted 348 RWHP)
Good Luck!

·
Registered
386 Posts
350 flywheel horses is not too lofty a goal. You are not bound by the current pistons. I would say stroke it to 331, get some good internals, cam, different heads, pistons, good rods, intake, etc. The easiest way to make more power is to get a bigger engine, either by stroking it or simply starting with a 351.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Buy new or rebuild?

Which of the two options is more cost effective?

Update the 86 roller to achieve the 350 to flywheel or buy a crate 302?

Thanks for the help!

JP

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rebuild mystery 86 vs 67 Jasper?

Curious as to why you would say that. the main reason was I have no idea where the 86 roller came from and the folks at CJPS knew where the 67 was from.

Can you elaborate a little?

Thanks!

JP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts