Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering I have a 83 mustang that has a 302 with a 4 bolt bottom pulley and im putting in a 68 302 and it only has a 3 bolt pulley and the water pump exits on the opposite side of the motor that was in it. I dont want to change the harmonic balancer to the 4 bolt one since the one that is on there is balanced to the motor. Does ne one know how u can fix that. I want to run the 3 bolt balancer with a driver side exit water pump so it will work with the radiator that was in it. the newer water pump also sticks out further the the 68 one. ne answers? thanks

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
You just need a matching water pump and harmonic balancer. The rest of your accessories just need to match your belt type and position.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but do they make a shorter water pump that exits on the driver side cus the one i have that exits on the driver side is taller than the 68 pump thats why it wont line up with the 3 bolt balancer because the four bolt one sitcks out further to match the taller water pump. I also have a 69 cougar and it also has the 3 bolt balancer with the extended pulley, so if i use that im not sure if it will match up with the newer power steering on the 83 mustang. thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.