Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first like to say hi,im a noob to this site,i qot a complete 302 from a friend the other day for my stang,heres my questions,the casting numbers on it are 75ZY 60I or 15 AA,to which i havent decoded as of yet,was told it was out of a 71 stang,but have no proof on that, under the intake,it claims to be built in mexico,is there any diff's to be made in mexico,havent ran the head numbers as of yet,but will soon,but was wondering,i have a junk 5.0L from my 90 stang,and was wondering if the E7 heads would work great on a older block,and if there are any mods to doing so??,thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also,does anyone know around what year,the heads started having the pullition tubes running to the back of the heads???????????

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I can't help you on your questions regarding the codes and regarding the smog tube going to the back of the heads, but as far as Mexican blocks go, those engine blocks cast in Mexico used more metal in key areas to make them more durable, so they are desirable from a performance standpoint.

·
Registered
514 Posts
your e7 heads should bolt right up and they flow better then the older heads....even the early heads iv read

·
Registered
682 Posts
wayne94mustang said:
e7 heads flow better then the older heads....even the early heads iv read
By maybe 3cfm...production tolerances. Any given 302 heads, with execption of the mid-late 70s smog heads, are no worse than any other.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the heads on it are casting number D5OE-A3A, which were from 75-76 years,.which are from what im told are 58.2cc,valves are 1.78/1.45,and have Internal air injection ports,im not sure if they are junk,or will perform aswell as the 91 heads,just looking for the biggest bang for the buck right now,as im saving for some trickflo's

·
Registered
682 Posts
Use the latemodel heads...I have a set of E7s and a set of 1975 dated heads, and the smog bumps are a LOT smaller in the E7s, so they'll flow better, stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.