Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To swap or not to swap, that is the question. Hey guys, I have a 1988 LX notchback with a 302 - T5 combo currently. I just ran into a 351W and C4 and I can get them both for $200. I want to get my car on the track but also want to keep it very streetable at the same time. I don't know much about the 351W other then it has huge potention because it can be bored out so far safely. And I've heard the popular phrase 'no replacement for displacement' haha. So I'm not sure what to do. I was planning on going with a twin turbo setup on my 302 eventually, but now I'm thinking with a 351W there are many options to explore. Any comments or suggestions from people that have made this swap or just know more about the 351W. I know it's a great setup for drag but I also want to be able to cruise town as well. Also, if I swap I'd like to go fuel injected on the 351W. Thanks for any responses guys.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Plenty you can do to the 351, basically the same things you do to the 302. You'll need 351 specific parts to get it in there like the oil pan, lower intake, distributor, bracketry for the accessories, headers, and then a cowl hood to clear the intake. The C4 should be a direct swap but the shifter will have to be specific for it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I bought the 351w and C4 transmission for $150. Anyone have any tips on building it. It's a 1971 engine that had carb problems when it was parked.. I want to go fuel injected with it. He's also throwing in a 302 block that has brand new heads on it. Think I'll end up selling my 302 and T5 out of my car to my little brother for his 4 cyl. mustang.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.