1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I take it from looking at the pictures, he has two of them for sale. One has the boss for the mechanical fuel pump. Not sure right now if there is a difference between a 289-351 cover.
Dave

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump

Still looking for a yes or no answer:smirk

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
just because he says it's 302/351W doesn't mean he's right. If it's a timing cover for a 302, it will fit a 289. It has to since it's the same block. You'll need to make sure it has the provision for oil dipstick and mechanical fuel pump.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
different timing covers were designed for different water pumps too....you can't use for example a newer one with an older water pump...holes are different for the water flow

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Basing on the description saying it'll still use a stock water pump, I bought the Edelbrock one and a new water pump from Autozone so I should be ok. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
a 302 will fit a 289, a 5.0L will too it will just have the outlet on the top instead of bottom and with take a clockwise water pump.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
as I said though the ports iin the timing cover are different directions depending on what year it is....so a later one won't fit a vintage pump etc

couldn't tell you what the cutoff dates are...just compare the ports on the wp to the timing cover before install

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.