AFR 165 heads
Cobra ('94-'95) intake
Ford F303 cam
70mm TB
73mm MAF
30# injectors
chip/tune
3.73 gears
and the other stuff--pulleys,headers,exhaust,roller rockers,emissions stripped off,CAI,etc...

I built on the stock bottom end,now at 130K+ miles I've got a tick/tap/knock noise along with a squeal.:weeps:cursing:

I love driving the car,for my purposes it has plenty of power-296 RWHP and 310 RWTQ.:bigthumbsup

My question is--since I'm gonna have to go into it and probably build the bottom end anyway,and buying the parts for a stroker won't be a whole lot more,would it be an even stronger street car going with a 331 or 347 re-using the H/C/I set up I already have,or would a 306 max out the potential for the parts I've got?:headscratch:

Asking for suggestions on size,AND the reasons why---the Forum has been VERY helpful in the past and I'm looking forward to reading the response and discussion coming up.......:thanks:

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
You could go with any of them, the 306, 331, or 347 with those parts. It's up to you, but it depends on how much more you want. Doing a 306 would be slightly cheaper, there's such a kit in the classifieds.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Thanx,Eagle...How much more is ever enough? (TOO much is ALMOST enough?!?!)
I was thinking of ordering a 347 shortblock and swap all my current parts over.I know I'll hear the arguments about the intake and heads not being "big enough",but I still think it'd be a monster compared to most things I've ever owned/driven and know I can up the heads later on--but I like the idea of keeping it looking relatively stock,that's why I chose the Cobra intake to start with.As I said I liked the way it ran before,I'm just thinking since I gotta-why not? If I decide to stay 306ish,I'll keep that ad in mind....

Any body else got any ideas or suggestions for me?

OOooohhh! forgot to mention---was entering the '95 (red,the one I'm asking about) in "Big Show-9" in B'ham,Al Saturday the 19th--motor went south fri on the way home-drove the '94 (black) down-since it stays in the garage and was all dusty,I drove it htrough the car wash on the way down.My son talked me into entering it when we got there,place 3rd in the 94-98 coupe class:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I agree, why not go with what you really want? And too much hp is almost enough...

Bummer about the engine but kudos on the show results... :bigthumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.