Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 302 stock engine that i bought today. i need help in deciding weather to go with a 331 or a 347 drag motor. i really want to get in the mid 10.s or low 11.s... so far i have afr 205 heads, bbk long tube headers, msd igniton, dont really know what cam i should put in it( anyone know a good one?) also i wanna go with an automatic. i wanna do it all motor but if i have too nitrous or blower setup. what will i need to get it their. oh and its going in a 1991 coupe. what brand rods and piston should i get to accomplished this stroker. anything else that i am missing please tell me, thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i am personaly going with a 331 but i have 347 also but from what info that i have gotten from this forum a 347 will get you their easier and as far as crank and rods i went with a scatt crank and rods they have a complete kit i also went with diamond race pistons i will be spraying mine good luck you will get a lot of good advice here

R

·
0 Posts
There is no replacement for displacement......

so go with a 347......

: Pro Power : The engine parts professionals

if you are planning to use stock take in consideration of it limitation.....

FYI its takes more that horspower to run low numbers.....

Better put in you build budget a good portion for the needed suspension upgrades......

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I smell another 331 v 347 discussion again...

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Well maybe a sticky needs to be made about that little misconception. If you do plan to run that what budget are you looking at?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my budet is around 7,000 for motor and suspesion, for now atleast... i already have the car. i really want to have a all motor car for street/ strip that runs mids 10's low 11's. if i have too run a procharger/ turbo or nitrous i will. am confused with what type of piston i should run.

R

·
0 Posts
my budet is around 7,000 for motor and suspesion, for now atleast... i already have the car. i really want to have a all motor car for street/ strip that runs mids 10's low 11's. if i have too run a procharger/ turbo or nitrous i will. am confused with what type of piston i should run.

Run mids 10's on 7K is not going to be easy.....

·
Registered
486 Posts
^^^^ +1

I have about 7k into mine, it's probably going to be mid-low 12s and I have not started on the suspension yet. I also still have the stock short block, which saved me quite a bit.
You have 7 grand into the car already? Is that including price of car?

·
Registered
173 Posts
^^^^ +1

I have about 7k into mine, it's probably going to be mid-low 12s and I have not started on the suspension yet. I also still have the stock short block, which saved me quite a bit.
+2

Ive got 7K in my engine alone....easily

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have the car already, and i have the afr 215 heads, plus msd igniton, and a solid diffenrentail.

·
Registered
173 Posts
i have the car already, and i have the afr 215 heads, plus msd igniton, and a solid diffenrentail.
Well, if those AFR heads are not part of the $7K, you'll probaly come close. I know those heads are like $1800 alone. So are you spending an additional $7K beyond what you already have?

·
Registered
173 Posts
i got them from a buddy for 1,000. yeah i have 7k to spend on the rest.
Cool, good luck with it. that should make for a decent engine!!!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Yeah I got like 6k in my engine so far and I have been doing alot of the work myself but somethings I just couldn't do like machining the block and getting it ready for the stroker kit set me back 1k.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.