Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Its not really the bore that makes the 408. Its the crank stroke. a normal 408 setup is 4" stroke crank with 6.250" rods and .030 overbore to make the bore 4.030"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Any idea how much hp you could get out of a stroked 351w to a 408 with better intake, heads, cam, basically the works?

·
Registered
211 Posts
How much do you want? How streetable do you want it? Stock bottom end or Forged pieces? You can make over 500 streetable HP with a stroked 351W.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I am turning it into a sleeper. I want it to have the most possible rwhp and keep it looking stock. Any ideas of what parts amd where to get them from. I have found some top end packages from Summit that say they make 400hp. Also found the bottom end that is to 408 specs from Scrat. Any thing else that I would need to get? Any one have an idea of how much a stock 73 fastback with a 302 in it is valued at?

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
It'd be a 4.030 bore and a 4 inch stroke crank. And those numbers are most likely engine power. You would lose about 17-22% through a manual tranny and 20-25% through an automatic tranny.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.