Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had big plans to build up a stock 88 short block with Edelbrock Performer RPM heads (1.9 not 2.02 valve, I might be able to return them, but not sure.), edelbrock performer rpm air gap intake, 650 double pumper, and 1.6 roller rockers. Turns out that the cam was too big and the valve hit the piston. I could get a smaller cam, but at this point my car (1967 Fairlane, 4 speed, 3.55 gears) will be stored for the winter soon so I'm just going to build the bottom end. I cruise with the car more than I race it, but don't get me wrong, I want the power there and often. Since its getting bored already, I was wondering what you guys thought. 306 or 331? And what kit / parts do you recommend? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
398 Posts
i would go with the 331........you will be alot happier in the end..........check out www.dssracing.com

hotwheels of insanemustangs.com

·
Registered
57 Posts
here try this guy: brian at www.adperformance.com

run fast from dss stuff my buddy just found out the hard way.now it going to cost him double for something that only had 750 miles.(dss didn't line hone the block properly and it destroyed the bearings)

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
331 hands down......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.