Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal: I have a set of gt40X heads new in the box, I also have a forged 306 kit from Summit. I was going to build this combo for my 91 coupe until my friend built his 306 w/ Holley Systemax. We have always raced, and I like to have an edge.
I can sell the gt40's and buy AFR's for the 306, or I could sell the 306 kit and get a 347 or 331 kit from CHP and use the gt-40's. My budget will not allow me to get the AFR's and the stroker. So which way will result in the best power for the money?

I already have a .499-.510 trick flow cam/ street intake, 70mm throttle body, 190lph pump w/ adj. reg, c&l 76mm mass air, 2.5 exhuast front to back, 3.55s, 5-speed.

Thanks for the help...................

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Is this for a daily driver or strip only?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car will be street/strip. I only drive about 10 miles each way to work. And I don't drive it every day.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mostly, I need to out run my buddies 90 coupe.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
In my opinion , the GT40's suck.. a lot and will be choking your 347, but you can always fix that down the road. I'd say go for the 347. You will out torque him nicely.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I think I'll go w/ the 347. Like you say, I can always upgrade tp AFR 185s later, and still sell the alum. GT-40s for a good price. Now all I have to do is try to sell the .30 over forged piston rbld kit I bought from Summit 6 months ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.