Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going. New to forums in general. Finding them to be quite useful. Anyways I have a question about 32V heads and was wondering if they'd bolt up to a 06 GT. I'm pretty much set on getting a set of FRPP heads, but I am curious if one they'd bolt up and two if they did would there be any worth while gains on a N/A motor?

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
The first thing that comes to my mind is the ECM.

These cars are set up for SOHCs w/ variable cam timing. They can get downright grumpy about cams too. Not saying it can't be done, but DOHCs are gonna confuse the crap out of the 'puter.

Not to mention 100 other nitnoid parts and pieces you're going to have to swap to get it done (chain guides, timing cover, etc...)

AND the 3v heads flow very well already so I don't really see the point personally, there are many other mods that will net you far more bang for the buck.

But just for the sake of argument, the heads should fit.

-HD

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
When I was planning the motor build on my car with my tuner I asked him what he thought about going with a 4v. He said don’t waste my time, money and headaches. He told me in the high 700rwhp range the 4v motor may have a 10hp advantage over the 3v motor (all else being equal).

Mine is still a 3v.:winks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts