Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get some opinions about injector sizes for my new engine:
331 with cobra intake, GT40 aluminum heads, e-cam, 10:1 compression, 150 hp Nitrous Oxide.
Most people i have talked to say anywhere from 24# all the way up to 42#.
The nitrous is for track days only, and don't want to under/over do this...

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'd also like to see what these other guys say but I'd say 30's would be good because if your not running the nitrous all the time you dont need that much gas all the time. Your probably running something like a boost-a-pump anyway. You could probably get away with 24's but im not sure how much power that motor makes.

G

·
what nitrous kit are you using......

have you upgraded the fuel system......

Why a E-cam in a stroker.......

That combo seem to be a little mis-matched.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
budget, got everything for the right price.
haven't picked up the cam yet but was told by a friend that it's a good blower/nitrous cam

·
Registered
327 Posts
If you stick with your current combo, then #30's will do IMHO. These will support 425hp at the crank under 90% duty cycle at 40psi, which is around where you are likely at with your combo. You still have some flexibility with the #30's for your tuner to add pressure/fuel when you decide to hit that Nos button.

If upgrades in H/C/I are in your near future (plus the nitrous), then you might want to look higher than #30's (like me currently) to around 36# or slightly higher depending on how radical you go.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Too many jump right to 42's, there's 24/30/36/38 and then 42.

Is it the NOS 5115 kit? If it is, I'd say 30's would be the right ones because you're not going to be on the bottle the whole time and if you pair it with a proper nitrous/fuel controller, you'll have a good running engine that'll be fine when the nitrous is activated.

G

·
As stated earlier going with your combo 30's most likely will be more than enough......

But i highly advice upgrading your fuel pump & going with an ajustable regulator prior to the giggle gas.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
will do all the neccessary upgrades with the fuel system for sure. If the E cam is a bad choice for this build, what are some better alternatives?

G

·
If the E cam is a bad choice for this build, what are some better alternatives?
Again when dealing with a stroker the best cam is a custom grid unit.....

but you may want to check with comp cam.....

they may be able find a cam that will work with your combo OTS

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
30's are good but I always like to give myself room to grow. Bigger ones will work w/ a tune.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
150HP Dry Shot? whew that's A LOT!
I'd contact Comp Cams for a Custom piece, their the right choice if you want a Cam that ACTUALLY has the specs it says it does, that E-Cam will be a waste of power with your combo, It'll be like installing a 2 inch exhaust system! I'd go with 36lb injectors!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.