Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 331 with aftermarket heads. I used the push rod lenth comp cams recommended and the rocker bottoms out on stud. Just wondering if what I am doing is wrong? I used a 1/2 inch longer pushrods than recommended and it seemed to fix the problem I quess. I've never had stud mount rockers before. Does the rocker arm just free float on stud? Also with the longer push rod the roller tip doesnt sit on the center of the valve stem. Any suggestions?

S

·
0 Posts
Hello Bryan, and Welcome to our Great Site here at AFM:bigthumbsup
Im going to place THIS Thread into our 5.0 (OHV) Tech. Forum
Make sure that you check out our Year/Platform specific Forum pages so you can Post or just Read about The Stangs that our Members have that are of your Mustangs Same Year/Era
You can Navigate to the whole Site by clicking on the "Tech" Icon at the upper right hand side of this Forum page. Have Fun.
And Thank You for Joining All Ford Mustangs

Sean
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
176 Posts
You need to get a push rod measuring tool. Search valve train geometry. You can not just buy push rods and put them in ,you need to measure them with push rod checker so rocker tip is riding in middle of valve stem. There is some good reading on this web site use the search button upper right hand side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts