Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The jokes continue:

So as a preface: for the past 7 days I've been having alot of really good things happen to me. This is especially good because 11 days ago I had an utterly awful day that really threw me into a bit of a funk. Personal drama, got fired from a job I had just gotten hired at (long stupid story, basically got the boot because I'm a kid that showed up with a nice car and had some questions about contract labor vs. employee labor for insurance and other purposes), then got my window busted out right infront of my house.

So tonight I'm thinking, let's end this awesome week awesomely. (Which I did, I've got a phenomanal gal that I've met and I got a job again) So I load in Death Magnetic by Metallica, roll the top down and feel pretty bad ass as I go to meet up with some friends for some post 4th of July relaxation. So I'm just cruising in the middle lane, O/D on so I'm in 5th just enjoying myself as an 18 wheeler comes up on my left side. I hit the O/D button so I get a nice 4th gear rumble echoing off the trailer. The trailer moves on and I'm approaching my destination so I leave it off. A 335i ( 2 guys) pulls next to me 2 lanes over, I look over and wave and we accelerate a little so the trailer comes back and we're split. I hear him floor it, so I think :gringreen oh yes, it's time for fun.

8psi, 4th gear, dip into boost and go. After catching up to him as he's still flooring it I even up and look over at the passenger who is frantically trying to tell the driver "Stop stop he's got sh^t done!" but to no avail, as I got right back into it and left him behind.

We were actually both headed to the same place so we parked and talked for a little bit, pretty cool guy, parents bought the car for him : /, just graduated highschool, double : /. His buddy in the passenger seat got out and walked over telling me about how he tried to tell his friend not To even try because he saw my gauges. They'd never seen a F/I mustang before but they understood the word "turbo." They knew some stuff, at least enough to know he had a stock TT I6 engine that could be tuned to make 350+ rwhp. They met up with a lot of friends and left shortly after, I noticed that just about everyone that was leaving with him stepped over and looked at my car in all of its stock looking glory lol. Most were befuddled until they got around to the front and saw the intercooler.
Made my night start off pretty well.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Good to have something positive happen. Your torque figures are unusual I think:headscratch:. Does the turbo tend to increase the torque more than horsepower? I'm just used to seeing dyno figures where the horsepower exceeds the torque figures in modern cars.

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to have something positive happen. Your torque figures are unusual I think:headscratch:. Does the turbo tend to increase the torque more than horsepower? I'm just used to seeing dyno figures where the horsepower exceeds the torque figures in modern cars.
The VCT in the 3v S197's allow for both a good top end and good low end. All the turbo figures for these cars I've seen have torque that approaches or exceeds 500. A properly tuned nitrous car can see similar results.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
cool story man,its always nice to run against a cool knowledgeable person than some ricer who makes excuses.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
the passenger who is frantically trying to tell the driver "Stop stop he's got sh^t done!"
That is freaking hilarious!

:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
934 Posts
Good story bud !

Me too soon will have some new story, lol...
i'm also thinking about getting water/meth injection to top it off... in about 3 weeks my car should be done ! ( i can't wait as i've been waiting for quiet some time now ! )

Also got Wilwood 13'' BBK and few more things to help with new set up.

P.S. I wanted to upgrade to AEM EMS now, but decided to still run FIC 'till i get back from deployment because me leaving soon won't do me any good with having full standalone and not using it, lol... so after deployment few more things are coming as well and then 500WHP tC will be done and used as an occasional slow ricer.

·
Registered
55 Posts
wow, that's going to be a very fast Scion, are you going to run at the track ?

·
Registered
934 Posts
once i get it to where i want it to be, yes i will run at the track.

LSD, EMS, street legals DR's and i should be in 11's...

There is a guy on the forums that had 360WHP and on slicks he ran 12.4

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's going to be one nasty little tC Rus, probably surprise more than a few people.

·
Registered
934 Posts
yup, thanks vash.. i spoke to my tuner back home today.

i'm going on pre-deployment leave on august 1st and thats where my car will be. Since i'm not going with a standalone for now my tuner suggested that i won't exceed 10psi on any piggy-back including FIC... so 15 psi would have to wait next year...:(

but even on 10-11 psi i should be able to hit 320-350WHP. Once i get tuned i will post and let you guys know.
Most likely the dyno to be used will be Mustang dyno so the number will be lower then dynojet ones.

But i'll go as high as my tuner will suggest, and my tuner is one of the Dezod guys over in upstate NY ( Buffalo ) they know scions like no other and are just all around good guys, they willing to come to NYC to tune my car and gave an excellent rent for their time ! ...

so far my quessstimate on the power at 10-11 psi with my set up i think would be around 330WHP. we shall wait and see...

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
yup, thanks vash.. i spoke to my tuner back home today.

i'm going on pre-deployment leave on august 1st and thats where my car will be. Since i'm not going with a standalone for now my tuner suggested that i won't exceed 10psi on any piggy-back including FIC... so 15 psi would have to wait next year...:(

but even on 10-11 psi i should be able to hit 320-350WHP. Once i get tuned i will post and let you guys know.
Most likely the dyno to be used will be Mustang dyno so the number will be lower then dynojet ones.

But i'll go as high as my tuner will suggest, and my tuner is one of the Dezod guys over in upstate NY ( Buffalo ) they know scions like no other and are just all around good guys, they willing to come to NYC to tune my car and gave an excellent rent for their time ! ...

so far my quessstimate on the power at 10-11 psi with my set up i think would be around 330WHP. we shall wait and see...
me.
you
deserted road
winer buys a night at the strip club
one day
one day

·
Registered
934 Posts
haha 3valve sure man lets do this...

so you picking the day already ? lol...

I think my rice rocket might be able to stay close with your MUSCLE , lol

·
Registered
934 Posts
ok let me know when you ready i'll buy i sticker especially for you :)

JDM !

and put it on your tire ,lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts