Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Im having a major debate right now. The guy who tunes my car is moving to Florida, so i was thinking about getting a bigger cam in my 342. I have never done a cam swap before, but i have the money to get it, and an timing cover gasket set from summit, and then get the car retuned asap before he moves.
First question would be what cam? Right now, I have an e-cam. The engine builders would have used an Xcam, and someone else recommended a TFS stage 2 cam.
Then, the question would be, what kinda of power gains would i expect from whatever cam you recommend.
Would it be worth it? Would i run into any computer idle issues or anything since its a 94? How much better would idle be (in the shaking sense hehehe)?
Following the AFM tech article by Ghostdog5.0, should I be able to change the cam myself with the basic tools, and knowledge I have? Im not a complete idiot, i do know more then the average person, and i bet i could do it myself...but i still have doubts...but dont want to spend 750 for someone else to swap a cam for me...
how long would it take if i started working on friday night?

I am looking for a streetable cam, so liek not one with .650 lift...its still a daily driver, but i want to get to the 12s before i do a low boost SC, or wet nitrous

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.