Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I had a buddy give me a 302 block bored 20 over and have some plans to stroke it and drop it into my 1994 GT AODE.

My question is this, What issues am I going to run in with the computer in my 1994 GT AODE. I am going to be putting in trick flow track heat top end with trick flow heads and matching cam. I havent yet decided on exact parts yet just pricing everything so i know what I am getting my self into. With that in mind, what will i have to do to make everything work right on the electronics side.

Thanks in advance for the input

·
Registered
191 Posts
You won't run into any problems, but if you get a chip tuned for your application you will see a hefty increase in power. You will optimize the performance parts you put in. The computer will recognize these parts instead of compensating for them.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
The 1994-1995 computer is really finicky, it usually needs a cam with 115 or higher degrees of lobe separation to work right. Use a more aggressive stick, the computer needs a little tweaking to make it happy. A custom chip or a tuner like the Anderson PMS or Tweecer would make it all easy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great thanks for the advice I checked out both tuners and the tweener looks alot more up my alli since my notebook is never far away.

How do these devices work to the plug into the ECM or what...

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.