Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys wonderin if u can help me and steer me in the right direction on the one . i have a 1990 ford mustang gt and i bought a 347 stroker crare motor, I installed it this weekend I filed it with oil and primed the oil pump i went to start it and it started for about 2 seconds then stalled. we startedit again and then it stalled and after that the motor wouldnt even turn over. we tried spinning the motor over with a breaker bar and it wouldnt spin. im hoping i didnt do any damage . and then wee took all the spark plugs out and the fourth cyliner spark plug the prong was mashed down and looked a little beat up. what could this be thats goin on. iwas thinng maybe a bolt went down in the intake mainifold and could be in the cylinder. and i was thinking maybe that cylinder is at tdc and that bolt is hitting the heads and thats why its not turning over could this be possible? thank you:worship:worship:worship:worship:worship:worship:worship

·
Registered
168 Posts
If it was a bolt in there, you should be able to spin the engine the opposite way, at least most of a revolution. Sounds like real trouble. You don't say where you got the crate motor from. I would contact them before I tore anything apart...they may want you to not touch it.

How complete was the engine as you purchased it and what did you have to bolt on?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Did you get good oil when you primed it? Are you saying that the spark plug looked like something hit it? What about the other cylinders? How aggressive is your cam? Was it matched for the heads and pistons that you have? Just wondering if maybe your valves hit your pistons?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sounds bad!! Was it a long block assembly? I'm in agreement with pat, we really need to know how much work you did. If this was a pretty much turn key engine, complete from intake to pan, you definitely want to contact builder before you go to far as it surely has a warranty. A mashed plug is never a good sign, nor is a crank you can't turn. If you're gonna turn it, I'm with Kevin, go the OPPOSITE way for sure!!! Good Luck!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the motor from blue print engines out of summit its not modded alot they sent me a block with heads on it and a carberated manifold all i did was take off the manifold and put my trickflow on it i used castrol gtx and yeah i didnt try spinning it back yet

·
Registered
95 Posts
I got the motor from blue print engines out of summit its not modded alot they sent me a block with heads on it and a carberated manifold all i did was take off the manifold and put my trickflow on it i used castrol gtx and yeah i didnt try spinning it back yet
if it were a bolt down your intake you would of heard it. would of sounded liek a rod knocking i have did that twice lol!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Rather loose a bolt down there than my nuts I suppose.

Let us know what you figure out. Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the feed back guys i took the motor apart and the piston was gone and broke into about 50 peices and the valves were bent so i caled the company and there gonna pick it up and send me a new one.

·
Registered
420 Posts
wow that really sucks sorry to hear that. did they have some kind of clearence issues then i guess? or did they do the timing wrong?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Could have just been a bad piston casting or the valve guides machined poorly and one of the valves hung up.

Sorry to hear, hope they get you a replacement quick. Did you tear it down without telling them first?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.