Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 347 stroker EFI and was told I needed to get it tuned at a DYNO as an SCT wont do it. Is that true? Would the DYNO be able to program my ECU straight up? I was hoping to get the SCT chip so I'd be able to switch between 3 settings on the fly. ANyone have any exp with this?

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I have a 347 stroker EFI and was told I needed to get it tuned at a DYNO as an SCT wont do it. Is that true? Would the DYNO be able to program my ECU straight up? I was hoping to get the SCT chip so I'd be able to switch between 3 settings on the fly. ANyone have any exp with this?
There's a couple tuners down here that I've contacted to get some info on a tune, they both told me that they wouldn't burn an SCT program for a stroker as well. Since mine isn't stroked I didn't bother to ask them what their reasoning is behind it. These were mail order tunes so that may have something to do with it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
You would have to have a custom chip burned for your combo and there are no handle held tuners for the OBDI cars. So yes more than likely you would have to have your car dyno'ed so that a chip could be burned for your vehicle. What kinda combo do you have??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts