Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all of the Stroker kits out there that take the 302 to a 347, do they require the block being notched for clearence? If so any idea what this cost at the machine shop?

·
Registered
511 Posts
i dont know if everyone had to do it but i had the slightest interference between the cylinder wall skirt and the rod nuts on a few cylinders. if you have a machine shop do it i wouldnt think they would charge extra, if they did i cant imagine it would be very much. I did mine myself since i only needed to remove a few thousands of an inch.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Depends on the shop. But yes it will require notching the bores for the rod bolts to clear. You could save some money and do it yourself if you had the kit to mock it up. Then send it to a machine shop and have them do the .030 bore.

You can notch it with a dremel. Need about .080 clearance between rod and bottom of the cylinder.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of horsepower range can I expect? 350 + I know there are a lot of variables...

Nice thanks for the help I will start the mock up

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Depending on the build & components anywhere from 300 to 500.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i have a 347 def had to notch the cylinders to clear the rod bolts, if i could go back i would have gotten a 351 and stroked it to a 408. def would have been happier and more room for supercharger in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts