Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting ready to build a 347 stroker with forged pistons rods and a steel crank rated at 600hp off of coast high performance, still thinking about what kind of heads intake and cam id like to get for this motor, any ideas? planning to keep the compression ratio at 9.5:1 and later on maybe adding a power adder if i get bored with the power but thats not for a few years. My goal is to have 375-400 horsepower

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
Trick Flow or AFRs will work fine...good luck

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
oh, don't forget to run more than 500hp requires an aftermarket block, so you might want to add that.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
I would really do some homework on this a there is a plethora of combinations out there. There are other head companies like RHS, Brodix, Edelbrock and the list goes on.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
You need to start with an aftermarket block (dart) if you plan to adde boost later. I would run a good brand aluminum head in the 190-205cc range. As for intake Edelbrock and TFS are great. If adding boost I would try to stay around 9:1 and get a custom ground cam that will work for that combo and be friendly to boost. This is not a cheap build so do it right the first time. Be sure to use forged internals and get it balanced if you want some high rpms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.