Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 89 gt. i am thinkin about puting a 347 stroker with a vortech supercharger, i was wondering if anyone else had this setup, or could tell me anything about it, quarter mile times, hp/torque? anything and everything.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Stroking does not give you as much HP gain as you think As far as 1/4 times and HP as im sure you know it all depends on you buil Heads cam intake compression injectors mass air throttle body gears ect. and you should know if you stroke even if you dont ad a charger you will have to tune your car on a dyno and have a custom chip burned.....trust me ive already been through it all.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm yah i kno about all that besides the chip burned? how much does that cost, were and how does it get done?

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Supercharged 347's can get very powerful, the limiter is the block. If it's a stock block, keep it below 550 hp. With an aftermarket block like a Dart or World Products, then you can make thumping power. It'll depend on the rest of the engine and how much boost you add to it. Even the Vortech model will make a difference, an T trim will make the same hp at 7 psi that an S trim does at 10 psi due to it's design.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Thanks for the tip Eagle. A more efficient Supercharger at a lower PSI is all anyone can ask for. :bigthumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.