Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 351c that i cant get to run right, it idles really ruff under 1000 rpms, then when you take it up to 2 or 3 and hold it there it pops through the exhaust every few seconds. any help would be awesome thanks guys.-Eric

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i had a tick that turned out to be one of my lifters, i think it maybe my plug wires, i started it last night and i didnt see any arking, compression tested at 160-65, plugs are golden brown, put a new rotor and distributer cap on today, seemed to smooth things out a bit. but it still going down the road at 1500-2000 and flooring it craps out and backfires through the carb, but ive checked my timing many times and its good, i think its mixed bag of problems

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok ive had it with this thing, i put a brand new carb on, new plug wires, cap, rotor, and coil. Timing is dead on, and its still idling ruff and popping through the exhaust. i dont know what else to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.